Abt Associates Data Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Abt Associates Uganda looking for “Data Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 06, 2023.
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
The Abt Associates has published a job vacancy announcement on November 20, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Data Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Abt Associates Job Vacancy 2023
- Gather and record data related to health facility electrification and telecommunications, including project progress.
- Analyze data to track progress and outcomes and generate insights that can inform decision-making and improve program efficiency.
- Maintain and update databases to ensure data accuracy and accessibility while following data security protocols.
- Create customized reports and dashboards to communicate key findings, program progress and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Use customizable queries to generate project reports and statistics.
- Associate graphics and mapping features with data for visual representation.
- Ensure geolocation of data, particularly for facilities and indicators.
- Create interactive maps to represent project-related information.
- Ensure data quality by implementing validation checks and data cleaning procedures.
- Monitor data accuracy by verifying that data values align with expected values.
- Ensure that all required data fields are complete, and missing data is appropriately handled or resolved.
- Perform periodic data audits to verify data accuracy and integrity.
- Identify and rectify discrepancies between the data management system and source data.
- Protect confidential program data and ensure compliance with relevant data protection regulations.
- Train and educate staff on data management best practices and the use of data-related tools and systems.
- Develop and implement tools to track program performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Establish a Document Management System (DMS) for archiving and managing all documentation related to indicators and reporting per the MEL plan.
- Address data-related challenges and provide solutions to improve data management processes.
- Any other duties as requested by HETA management team.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 104476
- Job Category: Program Delivery
- Posting Date: 11/15/2023, 10:11 PM
- Apply Before: 12/06/2023, 10:11 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Kampala, Uganda
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management, Data Science, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in data management software and tools, database management, data analysis tools, and relevant programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Tableau and Airtable). Excel, and data visualization software. Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) may also be beneficial.
- At least 5 years of experience in Data Management and MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning) in health or development programs, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa. Experience with electrification or telecommunication programs is a plus.
- Experience in project management, including planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- The associate should be based in the following surrounding areas: Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique
- Proficiency in collecting, storing, organizing, and maintaining data for health facility electrification, and telecommunication
- Ability to analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
- Experience in managing databases, ensuring data security, and optimizing database performance.
- Familiarity with relevant software and tools for data management and analysis, as well as knowledge of data security and privacy best practices.
- The capability to identify and solve data-related issues, ensuring data accuracy and reliability.
How to Apply Abt Associates Data Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 06, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Sightsavers Data Visualisation Officer Jobs 2023
- Sightsavers Data Quality and Capture Officer Jobs 2023
- FINCA Savings Area Manager Jobs 2023
- IRC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC HR and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Office Administrator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Operations Manager Jobs 2023