Abt Associates IT Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
Abt Associates Zimbabwe looking for “IT Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 28, 2023.
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
The Abt Associates has published a job vacancy announcement on November 17, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of IT Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||November 28, 2023|
Abt Associates Job Vacancy 2023
- Perform desktop and laptop computer support, including performing routine preventive maintenance, installing software patches and upgrades, and troubleshooting hardware or software problems in-person, by phone or using remote access tools.
- Track and process all project staff IT Support incidents, requests and tasks using the ServiceNow ticketing tool.
- Maintain the project’s computer network, coordinating with Abt IT regional staff and/or vendors, as well as IT staff in the US.
- Ensure a stable, consistent office internet connection throughout the site office, report any issues and work with ISP to resolve them.
- Ensure file server backups are completed successfully (if applicable)
- Maintain ‘Workstation Inventory List’, tracking the physical inventory of all equipment (PC’s, laptops, printers, etc.), and update the Asset Records on Monthly basis on ServiceNow.
- Provide technical support for the resolution of major outages, network, or system failures such as but not limited to server crashes, firewall failures, virus attacks, etc.).
- Image, reimage, configure, and join Abt laptops to the domain.
- Create (and update as required) a Disaster Recovery Plan for the office.
- Assist in management of Group Policies and file permissions for project users and groups.
- Ensure each Abt system has valid certificates and up-to-date security tools, and that all staff members adhere to Cyber Security rules and processes.
- Identify and communicate process improvements which will allow site staff to increase their efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor relevant logs and perform necessary operations to ensure the proper state of IT systems.
- Provide basic training to users on MS Office products.
- Provide support to monitoring and evaluation and other program teams as necessary during program activities and campaigns.
- Provide project documenting support as and when necessary, for example photography/ videography.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 104470
- Job Category: Digital and Technology
- Posting Date: 11/14/2023, 08:43 PM
- Apply Before: 11/28/2023, 08:43 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Abt Associates, Harare, ZW
- Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, in computer science, computer programming, or another IT-related field
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related professional experience in IT network administration is highly desirable.
- Ability to provide technical oversight to junior programmers and consultants.
- The ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- The ability to work well in collaboration with project SMT team, VIPs, executives, stakeholders, and technical advisors.
- Experience in using IT Support Ticketing Tools, ex: ServiceNow.
- Work experience in NGOs or International organizations is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply Abt Associates IT Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- FHI 360 Logistics and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Programme Review Consultant Jobs 2023
- FAO National AMR Coordinator Jobs 2023
- UNOPS Administration Associate Jobs 2023
- IOM Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Senior Project Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Security Operations Centre Supervisor Jobs 2023