ACORD Social Worker Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. ACORD Uganda looking for “Social Worker“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before September 15, 2023.
Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development Uganda (ACORD Uganda) is a National Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that has worked in Uganda since 1979 initially as an implementing arm of ACORD International.
In 2019, ACORD Uganda was formally registered as an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with the National Bureau for NGOs in Uganda. ACORD Uganda aspires to contribute towards Uganda’s Development, Humanitarian response and to promote social justice for vulnerable communities and groups particularly the poor, children, youth and women.
The ACORD has published a job vacancy announcement on September 05, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Social Worker to be based in Mubende, Uganda.
ACORD Job Vacancy 2023
Key duties and Responsibilities
Planning and implementation of comprehensive OVC services
- Conduct household enrolment targeting HIV infected and affected beneficiaries and ensure confidentiality of the information provided.
- Conduct home visits and monitor progress of interventions offered to beneficiary households by the community structures
- Ensure that referrals are initiated and follow up done to facilitate access to services
- Provide Home based Intensive Adherence Counseling to Non-Suppressing C/ALHIV
- In liaison with the Linkage officer conduct beneficiary index testing, outreaches and home-based testing to identify new CLHIV and ensure that they are linked to care.
- Maintain a functional network of community structures by holding monthly/quarterly planning, review and feedback meetings
- Timely response to emergency cases including malnourished children, sexually abused critically ill, neglected, abandoned among others
- Track service layering and quality services delivered to OVC and their families
- Ensure all planned activities are implemented according to the work plan
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Social Worker
- Reports to: Cluster Coordinator
- Responsible for Para Social Workers, DOTs facilitators and Linkage facilitators
- Program/Project: USAID OVC West Central Activity
- Location: Luwero, Kakumiro, Gomba, Kyenjonjo, Mityana, Fort portal, Kabarole, Bunyangabo, Mubende, Kassanda, Kiboga, Nakaseke and Kyegegwa.
- Contract period: One (1) Calendar Year-renewable
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Community Development, Community health, Development Studies or related courses.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in community Practice, Case Management, HIV/TB, Nutrition related work with government institution or NGOs involved in community work
- Additional Qualification in Child Protection is an added advantage
- Strong Reporting and documentation skills.
- Experience in implementing OVC USAID funded projects.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit is an added advantage.
How to Apply ACORD Social Worker Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://acorduganda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/JD-Social-Worker-USAID-OVC-23.pdf
The Closing Date: September 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Send CV and Application Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
View More Jobs
- ACORD Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- ACORD Director Financial Management and Operations Jobs 2023
- NRC Compound Cleaner Jobs 2023
- IGCP HR Business Partner Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Team Lead Jobs 2023
- Water Mission Wash Technician Jobs 2023
- Water Mission Engineering Intern Jobs 2023
- IDRC Costing Officer Jobs 2023