Action Against Hunger Irrigation Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Action Against Hunger Uganda looking for “Irrigation Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 19, 2023.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization which originated in France and is committed to ending world hunger. The organization helps malnourished children and provides communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
The Action Against Hunger has published a job vacancy announcement on March 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Irrigation Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Action Against Hunger|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||Minimum Four years|
|Application Deadline||March 19, 2023|
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop structural designs in ArchiCAD or any other appropriate software for the various construction works and structures within the program area.
- Supervise the Development, construction and rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure in the program area.
- Participate in the block farm planning and designing in collaboration with the FSL officer.
- Participate in all program assessments and researches on project implementation
- Support the PM to identify Block farms’ water needs and design appropriate systems to boost agricultural productivity.
- Training of local farmer groups and community based facilitators on appropriate use of the irrigation systems constructed.
- Install irrigation equipment, piping and valves.
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and repair irrigation pipes and fittings, sprinklers heads. Completing repairs with minimal impact to lawn or landscape.
- Perform general and seasonal system maintenance, backflow tests; Test irrigation systems for proper functioning of valves and timers; Record detailed inspections.
- Locate, excavate and repair or replace damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Responsible for technical definition of irrigation equipment, repair parts, keeping accurate inventory for procurement of irrigation kits/equipment.
- Effectively assess water efficiency and make adjustments to quickly correct over or under watering.
Position in Organization:
- JOB CATEGORY: Programs
- DUTY STATION: Nakivale Base, UG
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
- SALARY SCALE: Not Specified
- DEADLINE: Mar 19, 2023 05:00 PM
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- AGE LIMIT: Not Specified
- Bachelors degree in Agricultural Engineering, Water Engineering, Civil engineering, Agricultural Mechanization, or other relevant field.
- Additionally, a diploma in Agricultural related studies with at least 5 years’ practical experience in designing and installation of irrigation and water works related projects shall be considered.
- At least 4 years’ continuous experience implementing Irrigation and water systems activities, irrigation system installation, maintenance and repair.
- Ability to create water systems designs using appropriate computer software
- Experience supervising contractors handling large-scale water works.
- Must be physically fit and reliable, able to ride a motorcycle with valid riding permit.
- Extensive knowledge in irrigation system installation, maintenance and repair.
- Ability to work from a standing position for over 5hours in a day and lift at least 50lbs of load.
- Previous work with a busy multi-sectoral setting in a refugee setting is an asset
- Previous work experience with farmer organizations.
- Participatory training methodologies
- Strong presentation skills with mastery of Power point, Excel, MS word
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Team player, extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent reporting skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive with Knowledge of the local language
How to Apply Action Against Hunger Irrigation Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://actionagainsthunger.qedhrm.com/careers/job?id=Nzk0
The Closing Date: March 19, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WVI Compliance Finance Coordinator Jobs 2023
- WVI Graphics Designer Jobs 2023
- IRC Employee Relations Partner Jobs 2023
- UNDOS Chief of Unit – Air Support Jobs 2023
- IOM Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
- GAIN Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
- GAIN Finance and Administration Manager Jobs 2023
- GAIN Marketing Advisor Jobs 2023