ADRA Community Support Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. ADRA Uganda looking for “Community Support Officer“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 11, 2023.
ADRA is the global humanitarian arm of the Seventh-day Adventist Church—part of the 20-million strong Adventist community, with hundreds of thousands of churches globally and the world’s largest integrated healthcare and education network. ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 118 countries – regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, gender, or religious association.
The ADRA has published a job vacancy announcement on September 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Community Support Officer to be based in Amuru, Uganda.
ADRA Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Assessing the psychosocial needs of the participants by identifying, documenting, and analyzing the participants’ needs.
- Respond to the identified needs by providing direct PSS.
- Familiarize with existing pathways or where necessary develop a system for referral of cases needing further support or other services.
- Provide tailored PSS support at the individual, family and community levels.
- Conduct specific psychosocial group activities, adapted and appropriate to group’s specific needs and capacities.
- When needed work in close collaboration with health workers and volunteers from other organizations to create and implement psychosocial activities in the centers and the communities.
- Participate in case conferences when necessary.
- Participate in daily and weekly reporting of activities by using specific tools provided by the project management team.
- Ensure weekly planning of activities and movements in the field in coordination with the project management team.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional practice including respect of participant confidentiality and point of view, promoting policies and reporting any incidents or acts that may cause any harm to participants or others.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Adhere strictly to ADRA’s policies and SOPs especially PSEA policy, Fraud, and child safeguarding policy.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Community Support Officer – Psychosocial
- Duty Station: Amuru District
- Immediate Supervisor: Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Counseling or other related fields with extensive psychosocial programming experience; or equivalent Degree with 3+ years in setting up or implementing psychosocial programs.
Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of Psychosocial programming in the humanitarian context
- Training experience required
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills with excellent reporting & writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Honest, hard-working and a self-motivated person able to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
Application Closing Date: 11th September 2023
How to Apply ADRA Community Support Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://adrauganda.org/get-involved/join-our-team/
The Closing Date: September 11, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.