Amnesty International Finance and Compliance assistant Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Amnesty International Nigeria looking for “Finance and Compliance assistant”. Applicants with a Degree in accounting may apply on or before 02 October 2023.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who take injustice personally. We are campaigning for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We are funded by members and people like you. We are independent of any political ideology, economic interest or religion. No government is beyond scrutiny. No situation is beyond hope. Few would have predicted when we started that torturers would become international outlaws. That most countries would abolish the death penalty. And seemingly untouchable dictators would be made to answer for their crimes.
The Amnesty International has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 September 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Compliance assistant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Amnesty International Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: As the Finance and Compliance assistant you will assist in recording all financial transactions and payments for all Programs of AI Nigeria adhering to the accounting manual of AI Nigeria and ensure timely financial and accounting reports. Set up and maintain filing systems of all financial transactions, Vouchers, contracts, and related financial documents.
- Prepare all supporting documentations for payment vouchers and carry out Voucher Reconciliation monthly.
- Assist in reviewing actual office spending with annual budget along Amnesty International Strategic goals and prepare Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports for donor project and RAM grants.
- Maintain an effective filing system and ensure transparency to financial records and operations logs.
- Manage Withholding Tax (WHT) deductions on all payments and prepare monthly remittance across states in Nigeria.
- Prepare annual regulatory remittance of NSITF, NHF, Employee and Employer Pension and PAYE and obtain certificates.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field or relevant professional qualifications. A masters’ degree or a professional qualification is an advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Finance and Regulatory compliance administration
- Demonstrated interest in human rights, e.g. through previous work, involvement in human rights campaigns and movement
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; other relevant local languages or additional foreign languages desirable
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Type: Fixed Term Contract
- How many months is contract:24 months
- No of weekly working hours:40
- Salary:200,000 Nigerian Naira per annum
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Amnesty International Finance and Compliance assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.