AUIBAR Data Management Consultant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. AUIBAR Uganda looking for “Data Management Consultant“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before October 06, 2023.
AU-IBAR is a specialized technical office of the African Union Commission (AUC), headed by the Director who reports directly to the AUC through the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture (DREA).
Founded in 1951 to study the epidemiological situation and fight rinderpest in Africa, AU-IBAR’s mandate covers all aspects of animal resources, including livestock, fisheries and wildlife, across the entire African continent. We also fills a unique and strategic niche by working at the continental and regional levels, with the RECs being key partners.
The AUIBAR has published a job vacancy announcement on September 30, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Data Management Consultant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
AUIBAR Job Vacancy 2023
Scope of the Consultancy
The Data Management Consultant shall:
- (i) Attend interviews and focus group discussions (FGDs) as an observer and data recorder.
- (ii) Record detailed notes during interviews and FGDs, capturing key points, responses, and discussions.
- (iii) Ensure that notes are clear, organized, and accurately reflect the content of the sessions.
- (iv) Collaborate with the Interviewer and FGD Facilitator to capture all relevant information through notes, audio/video recordings.
- (v) Compile and organize data from recorded notes, audio, transcripts, and other sources into a structured format.
- (vi) Ensure that data is categorized and labeled appropriately for easy reference.
- (vii) Collaborate with the Data Analysis Specialist to prepare data for analysis.
- (viii) Maintain data integrity and accuracy during the compilation process.
- (ix) Compile and organize data from recorded notes, transcripts, and other sources into a structured format.
- (x) Safeguard collected data, ensuring confidentiality and compliance with data protection and research ethics.
- (xi) Assist in preparing sections of the assessment report related to data compilation and summaries.
- (xii) Provide input for report sections that rely on the compiled data.
- (xiii) Collaborate with the Data Analysis and Reporting Specialist to ensure that data-related sections of the report are accurate and coherent.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Data Management Consultant
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- University degree in Data Sciences, Information Management, Computer Science, Statistics, and any other related field of expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative data collection, techniques and methodologies including conducting KIIs and FGDs, ideally in similar assessment contexts.
- Proficient in data collection tools such as ODK, Kobo Toolbox, Google Forms, with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues during data capture.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with diverse stakeholders, Interviewers, Discussion Facilitators, and other team members to maintain data accuracy.
- Knowledge of and commitment to ethical research practices, including confidentiality and informed consent, when handling sensitive data during assessments.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity, especially in the context of the assessment’s location.
- Capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team, including coordinating with other Assessment Consultants and RAFFs Project Staff.
- All reports and consultancy outputs will be in English. In the course of execution of the assignment, proficiency in local languages will be required for engagement with relevant to the assessment country or stakeholders.
How to Apply AUIBAR Data Management Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 06, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.