Baylor DREAMS Program Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Baylor Uganda looking for “DREAMS Program Officer“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 15, 2023.
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda (BU) is a leading provider of Integrated, High-Quality, High Impact comprehensive HIV, TB, RMNCAH and global health security (GHS) services in Uganda. Baylor Uganda is an indigenous, not-for-profit organization established in 2006, Baylor Uganda has a long track record delivering strong return on investments with >USD 130 million donor funds efficiently managed.
The Baylor has published a job vacancy announcement on September 06, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of DREAMS Program Officer to be based in Mubende, Uganda.
Baylor Job Vacancy 2023
- Effectively plan DREAMS activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Lead identification and enrollment of eligible AGYW in the DREAMS program the following donor guidance.
- Ensure AGYW enrolled in DREAMS are fully layered in accordance with the Uganda DREAMS layering table.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources; use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Keep abreast of latest technical developments in DREAMS/PEPFAR Programming (collaborates with regional/HQ technical advisors, learns new PQ tools, networks with outside technical experts, etc.).
- Maintain up to date documentation related to concept approval, monitoring, and implementation.
- Model and reinforce in liaison with a commitment to quality programming and meets technical quality standards, aligned with the organization Health Strategy.
- Align project implementation in accordance with organization programming principles and organization core values and engage respective organization staff for support as needed.
- Engage partners at all stages of the project cycle for their insight on the appropriateness of program approaches and interventions.
- Build partner capacity through training, accompaniment, regular monitoring, and mentoring.
- Provide overall financial and administrative management for the DREAMS activities in their districts.
- Compile an up-to-date organization knowledge and donor compliance issues and where applicable seek support and guidance.
- In collaboration with the finance teams, review and analyze monthly budget comparison reports and take discuss the same with your immediate supervisor for any necessary steps to ensure proper management and utilization of budgets.
- In coordination with the organization M&E DREAMS MEAL Specialist, develop and implement strong DREAMS MEAL Monitoring Evaluation and Learning systems, using PEPFAR tools and resources to maximize project impact on project beneficiaries.
- Set up a strong project learning agenda, and champion learning with project staff and partner teams.
- Prepare and submit required donor project narrative reports, quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required by the local government, donors, the region or headquarters.
- Use collaborative and structured evaluation processes to review data, reach agreement about findings, and apply learning and recommendations.
- Regularly update key stakeholders on progress and challenges.
- Prepare short success stories and briefs on innovation/best practices and project learning including failures.
- Take charge of the project documentation and ensure the same is well organized and easy to access on Gateway.
- Ensure organization is professionally and consistently represented with key stakeholders, including local authorities, Church officials, local partners, donors, the UN, other NGOs and appropriate networks in meetings, conferences, and others as needed.
- Coordinate with respective line ministries/officials and other organizations working in the sector to build strategic partnerships; conduct periodic visits to government offices as needed.
Position in Organization:
- REPORTING TO: Prevention Manager
- DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
- DATE POSTED: 4th September, 2023
- CLOSING DATE: 15th September, 2023
- EXPERIENCE: 3 YEARS
- Location: Kabarole, Mubende, Mityana
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work & Social Administration, Public Health, OR International Development.
- Postgraduate Diploma in a related field will be an added advantage. Additional training in OVC Management, Child and Adolescent Counselling is a required.
- 3-7 years of experience in programs targeting AGYW, orphans and vulnerable children and/or adolescent girls
- Experience in facilitating HIV and Violence prevention curriculars, parenting/care giver programs, SASA, Aflateen, socioeconomic approaches and/or cash grants strongly preferred.
- Previous PEPFAR DREAMS project experience is highly valued.
How to Apply Baylor DREAMS Program Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/459
The Closing Date: September 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Baylor Technical Officers Jobs 2023
- Baylor HTS/eMTCT Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Baylor Community Health Services Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor HTS/eMTCT Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor Community Health services Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Baylor IPC Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Baylor VMMC Health Educator Jobs 2023
- Baylor VMMC/IPC QA officers Jobs 2023