Baylor Laboratory Services Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Baylor Uganda looking for “Laboratory Services Officer“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 15, 2023.
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda (BU) is a leading provider of Integrated, High-Quality, High Impact comprehensive HIV, TB, RMNCAH and global health security (GHS) services in Uganda. Baylor Uganda is an indigenous, not-for-profit organization established in 2006, Baylor Uganda has a long track record delivering strong return on investments with >USD 130 million donor funds efficiently managed.
The Baylor has published a job vacancy announcement on September 06, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Laboratory Services Officer to be based in Mubende, Uganda.
Baylor Job Vacancy 2023
- Monitor implementation of strategies to strengthen specimen referral systems (for CD4, DBS, sputum, serology and chemistry samples) from health facilities to testing laboratories in the region, and dispatch of test results within realistic Turn around Times (TATs) in line with the Baylor Uganda laboratory mission.
- Monitor implementation of MoH Quality Improvement Programs in laboratories in the region and develop interventions to bridge the identified gaps in line with MOH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines.
- Monitor implementation of region periodic work plans, procurement plan and budgets for providing laboratory services and as well the integration of key laboratory activities in the health facility plans and budgets in line with MoH laboratory objectives and Baylor Financial Guidelines.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, and advocate for coordinated and harmonized laboratory systems strengthening interventions in line with Baylor-Uganda laboratory mission.
- Prepare periodic laboratory performance reports to the supervisors, and other key stakeholders in line with the regional laboratory work plan and Baylor reporting guidelines.
- Monitor stock management, proper forecasting, and distribution of laboratory supplies, to strengthen laboratory logistics systems in the region in line with Baylor Uganda procurement guidelines and ‘current NMS order & delivery schedule.
- Monitor implementation of MoH accreditation process in the regional laboratories to enhance proper functioning of the laboratories in line with the WHO AFRO SLMTA accreditation standards.
- Monitor Biosafety and waste management practices in laboratories, and institute measures to enhance compliance to the MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
- Conduct periodic needs analysis of the regional laboratories and monitor the implementation of the laboratory capacity building plan (including retooling- equipment, workspace, and HR) in the region in line with MOH and Baylor-Uganda capacity building guidelines.
- Carry out research and present research findings in CMEs, Case conferences and other medical related fora in line with Baylor Uganda and MOH research guidelines.
- Participating in guiding and advising in selection of referral Laboratories.
Position in Organization:
- REPORTING TO: Laboratory Services coordinator
- DEPARTMENT: Health and Community Systems Strengthening
- DATE POSTED: 4th September, 2023
- CLOSING DATE: 15th September, 2023
- EXPERIENCE: 3 YEARS
- Location: Mubende
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Immunology and Clinical Microbiology or any Laboratory Related course or public health with degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science or other laboratory related degree course.
- 3 years’ of experience in Laboratory Health Programming.
How to Apply Baylor Laboratory Services Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/454
The Closing Date: September 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.