CIFOR Theme Leader – Biodiversity and Tree Genetic Resources Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIFOR Kenya looking for “Theme Leader – Biodiversity and Tree Genetic Resources”. Applicants with a PhD in a relevant field may apply on or before 19 March 2023.
CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
CIFOR Theme Leader – Biodiversity and Tree Genetic Resources Jobs 2023
The CIFOR has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Theme Leader – Biodiversity and Tree Genetic Resources to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CIFOR Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and responsibilities:
- Formulating and developing world leading research on biodiversity and tree genetic resources, that has policy and development impact, together with other themes and geographic units at CIFOR-ICRAF and external partners and obtaining resources for CIFOR-ICRAF and partners to implement it.
- Setting medium term and annual goals and targets for the theme that contribute to meeting CIFOR-ICRAF’s institutional goals and targets and monitoring their achievement with appropriate KPIs.
- Formulating, developing, and sustaining partnerships with key research, donors, policy development organizations and engagement with the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (UNCBD), as part of transformative partnership platforms where appropriate, to ensure delivery of the goals of the theme.
- Putting in place and monitoring effective management arrangements for CIFOR-ICRAF’s in situ and ex situ gene banks, and seed and genomic laboratory facilities.
- Ensuring sustainable financing of these facilities through charging projects for services rendered, obtaining programmatic funding and / or commercial use of the facilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in a relevant field with 15 years research experience.
- Proven track record of high impact research both in terms of scientific articles and their development and/or policy impact.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIFOR Theme Leader – Biodiversity and Tree Genetic Resources Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs
- UNON Property Management Assistant Jobs
- UNON Human Resources Officer Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Interpreter Jobs
- UNEP Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Senior Gender Affairs Officer Jobs
- DRC WASH Assistant Jobs
- UNOPS Partnership Development Intern Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs