CIMMYT Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. CIMMYT Zambia looking for “Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in MSc Degree may apply on or before 7th June 2023.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is an international organization focused on non-profit agricultural research and training that empowers farmers through science and innovation to nourish the world in the midst of a climate crisis. Applying high-quality science and strong partnerships, CIMMYT works to achieve a world with healthier and more prosperous people, free from global food crises and with more resilient agri-food systems. CIMMYT’s research brings enhanced productivity and better profits to farmers, mitigates the effects of the climate crisis, and reduces the environmental impact of agriculture.
The CIMMYT has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd May 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
CIMMYT Job Vacancy 2023
- Work and coordinate the team to refine the integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and Data Collection Tools for measurement against the project indicators and targets and identifying lessons learned.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency of the monitoring & evaluation system and tools.
- Build the capacity of project staff & AID-I Project Partners (both in the country and abroad) on using in the use and content of the Monitoring and Evaluation tools. Mentor and oversee field team to increase their skill on MEL issues.
- Planned, operationalize, and implement the project MEL system in collaboration with the MEL Lead, Project Manager, Project teams, AID-I Partners, and the MEL team.
- Ensure the flow of quality information for analytical report preparation and presentation ensuring donor compliance
- Responsible for updating the Field Office team on the latest update against the indicators and acting as Zambia CIMMYT office MEL focal point.
- Support MEL Lead and Portfolio/Project Managers in data analysis, presentation preparation, and updating MEL Plan
- Assist in the development and revision of the annual work plan, budgeting, and strategies for the project.
- Frequently undertake field visits to interact with the AID-I Partners, local service providers, NGO staff, Government and Private Sector to verify the MEL data.
- Liaises with project partners and other stakeholders in Malawi, Zambia, and Tanzania on an ongoing basis to coordinate efforts to strengthen a results-based culture within the AID-I project and to build the capacity of staff and consultants, national counterparts, implementing partners in strategic planning, results-based monitoring, evaluation, and reporting, applying relevant USAID and CIMMYT tools and systems.
Position in Organization:
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- Sustainable Agrifood Systems (SAS)
- Full time
Qualification & Experience:
- MSc in Agricultural or Rural Development, Data Management, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Agri-economics/ Science/ Statistics/ Geography/ Development Studies, or related field, with particular interest in Monitoring & Evaluation of planned interventions or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management in an international organization working in the context of large bi-lateral donor funded projects, preferably for USAID funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience with use of participatory and gender sensitive methods for rural appraisals and data collection.
How to Apply CIMMYT Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/cimmyt-1/j/E6EB231217/
The Closing Date: 7th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.