CIP Senior Manager Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIP Kenya looking for “Senior Manager”. Applicants with a MSc/MA in Public Policy analysis may apply on or before 17 March 2023.
CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on potatoes, sweetpotatoes, Andean root and tuber crops, and sustainable management of natural resources. CIP’s vision is to contribute from its areas of expertise to the fulfillment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), in particular those goals that relate to poverty, hunger, child and maternal mortality, and sustainable development. CIP has its headquarters in Lima, Peru with staff and activities in locations across Africa, Asia and Latin America. CIP, a member of the One CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. One CGIAR science is dedicated to transforming food, land and water systems in a climate crisis, and it is carried out by 13 CGIAR Centers/Alliances in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.
The CIP has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||International Potato Center (CIP)|
|Position||Senior Manager – Knowledge Management Policy Stakeholder Engagement|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||MSc/MA in Public Policy analysis|
|Experience Required||More than 10 years|
|Application Deadline||17 March 2023|
CIP Job Vacancy 2023
About the role: The CGIAR Initiative on National Policies and Strategies (NPS) aims to improve the lives of millions of people by identifying ways of building stronger policies and strategies with greater coherence and capacity, helping countries address current policy demand and future development needs. The international Potato Centre is contributing to NPS initiative through the three focus areas on building policy coherence, integrating policy tools and responding to policy demands on crisis at global, regional, national and sub-national levels.
- Lead the design and implementation of a coherent policy engagement and advocacy strategy for Kenya.
- Provide support to researchers across work packages and the Initiative as a whole in evidence-based policy advocacy and stakeholder engagement, including developing policy engagement and advocacy materials.
- Develop and disseminate advocacy materials, support development of policy briefs, regular and ad hoc communications products based on the Initiative’s research.
- Support high-level policy dialogues at country level.
- Facilitate cross-country learning on policy engagement and advocacy.
- Document lessons from across countries in policy engagement and advocacy
- Perform any other activity as assigned to by the supervisor
Qualification & Experience:
- MSc/MA in Public Policy analysis, Economics, Development Communication, International Development, or related fields.
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience in an international organization /NGOs or project-based organizations.
- Expertise in evidence-based policy advocacy and stakeholder engagement in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- Experience working at the intersection of research, policy and practice in LMICs.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and leading the implementation of national, regional, and continental policy engagement and advocacy strategies.
- Experience in improving government responsiveness to citizens, development partners, technical partners, and non-state actors’ priorities.
- Proven record of fundraising success desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing teams.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English, Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIP Senior Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.