CRS Procurement Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. CRS Uganda looking for “Procurement Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 16, 2023.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peace building.
The CRS has published a job vacancy announcement on June 07, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer to be based in Yumbe, Uganda.
CRS Job Vacancy 2023
- Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and recommend improvements. Contribute to ensuring compliance with CRS procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with various departments to develop and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan with all quantities, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services. Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
- Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and other documents preparation.
- Communicate with other procurement staff and various program and operations units to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status. Coordinate with the administration department to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality, they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
- Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed. Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement, and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Department: Operations
- Band: 6
- Reports To: Head of Office
- Country/Location: Yumbe/Uganda
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration, or other relevant degree required. Professional certification such as CIPS a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration, preferably with an international Non-Governmental organization.
- Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (e.g. USAID, EU, UN)
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Knowledge of contract terms, as well as a proven ability to successfully complete purchase orders against specifications.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable.
- Good planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities effectively
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Good negotiation, communication, and relationship management skills
- Good understanding of the procurement process and procedures in an NGO setting
How to Apply CRS Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: June 16, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- CRS Operations Officer Jobs 2023
- CRS Project Officer – AEGIS Jobs 2023
- CRS Project Officer – Community Engagement Jobs 2023
- IRC Reproductive Health Mentor Jobs 2023
- WVI Regional Faith and Development Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNODC Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Consultant – Inception Workshop Notetaker Jobs 2023