Digital Green Logistics and Procurement Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Digital Green Ethiopia looking for “Logistics and Procurement Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 18th June 2023.
Digital Green is an international non-government organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies, CSOs and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that help smallholder farmers increase productivity and income. In Ethiopia, Digital Green is working in four regions in introducing and scaling video-extension approach, in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Regional Bureaus of Agriculture and Natural Resource. For more information, please visit Digital Green’s website: www.digitalgreen.org. Rigorous data analysis and farmer feedback continually challenge our assumptions and identify new ways that technology coupled with local knowledge can push the needle on agriculture, food and nutrition security.
The Digital Green has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Logistics and Procurement Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Digital Green Job Vacancy 2023
- Efficiently manage and execute all logistical support services for Digital Green Operations in Ethiopia
- Track the status of all incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure that local customs clearance requirements are maintained and executed for all imported items.
- Provide support for all training events, including sourcing comparable hotels, production of materials (printing/copies), vehicle arrangements, etc.
- Maintain a monthly tracking report of travel (vehicle) request and arrangements.
- Manage air travel requests, ticket and hotel bookings in accordance with organizational travel policy.
- Liaise with the relevant external organizations, such as Ethiopian Customs Authority (ECA), Agency for Civil Societies Organizations (ACSO), Immigrations, etc. for visa processing, customs clearance and related services.
- Manage and execute all procurement of goods and services as per Digital Green policies and procedures.
- Support the Senior Head of Finance & Admin in developing annual procurement plan with expected lead time.
- Support Senior Head of Finance and Administration review the existing procurement systems for improvement
- Track the status of annual procurement plan and advise Program units to initiate their requests on time.
- Collect procurement bid documents or quotations and assist the Bid Committee with bid analysis.
- Develop list of reliable suppliers who are capable of providing core goods and services in order to optimize Digital Green’s future sourcing needs.
- Responsible to manage the ERP automated system, ensuring all procurement processes are documented, reviewed, approved and uploaded for future use, such as for audit purpose,
- Participate in the external audit processes for responding queries related with procurements and related
- Execute all fleet management activities of DGF, including vehicle inspection, maintenance, insurance coverage, etc of own and rental vehicles.
- Manage all staff ground travel requests in accordance with Digital Green’s travel policy, including reviewing the bills against the vehicle request order and submitting for payment.
- Place orders to vehicle rental service providers and ensure that the vehicles qualify the standards agreed in the Vehicle Rental contract and are dispatched timely.
- Track and document all vehicle rental requests, orders, contracts, fuel consumption, and actual usage.
- Provide support, advice and timely update for staff on vehicle arrangements, safety measures, log sheet management, etc.
- Arrange vehicles for Digital Green visitors and guests, including airport pick-ups and regular transport from hotel to office and back, as required.
- Support the driver/administrative assistant for the annual vehicle inspection and third-party insurance coverage timely.
- Track changes and emerging practices in logistics management and advice the Senior Head of Finance and Administration to introduce cost effective and efficient logistics management system at DGF.
Position in Organization:
- Logistics and Procurement Officer
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Full Time
- Deadline: 18th June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or above in Logistics Management, Procurement Management or related business fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Logistics and Procurement is required.
- Relevant experience working in INGO/non-profit sector is preferred.
How to Apply Digital Green Logistics and Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 18th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.