DRC Accountability Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DRC Ethiopia looking for “Accountability Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 2nd May 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Accountability Coordinator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Develop accountability standard operation procedures (SOP) that guides the accountability system in Ethiopia in line with DCA guides and procedures
- Establish/develop context-based feedback and complaint mechanisms in DRC intervention areas /field offices
- Ensure that complaint and feedback database is available and updated in regular manner
- Produce summary reports from the accountability system established on monthly basis and inform program staff about the findings.
- Engage in project designs/proposals to ensure that the appropriate mechanisms are planned and budgeted
- Make sure that DRC complaint mechanism is fully exercised and complaints are welcomed, timely responded to, properly documented and reported appropriately
- Proactively identify the gaps and challenges in DRC system accountability and make sure they are fixed in timely manner to ensure the functionality of the CFM system
- Work closely with the accountability focal points in each Area Office to in implementing feedback mechanisms per the designed SOP and DRC accountability frameworks
- Further develop and update DRC’s accountability-related communications and learning materials promoting standardization and common minimum standards of accountability mechanisms for all programmes.
- Provide informed advice and guidance on improving accountability,
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor DRC’s compliance with the internal accountability policies and procedures as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Capacitate all relevant staff to understand CHS standard – including accountability policies/procedures and field level feedback and compliant mechanism – and are equipped to apply it to their work, in both area offices and country office and to ensure accountability is integrated in every one’s work.
- Work with DRC management, program and support staff to ensure that DRC is compliant with CHS standards
- The job holder may assume additional responsibilities related to accountability and learning.
Position in Organization:
- Title: MEAL – Accountability Coordinator
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Frequent Travel to field offices
- Employment Category: G1
- Salary Range: USD 1,001.00 – 1,217.00 per month which specific amount will be determined up on candidates experience and educational relevancy
- Reporting To: MEAL Manager
- Start of Contract & Duration: One year
- Posting date: April 18, 2023
- Closing date: May 2, 2023
- Contract type: National contract
- Homepage: drc.ngo
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in Economics, social sciences or a related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years of MEAL and preferability hands on accountability experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
How to Apply DRC Accountability Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=167916&DepartmentId=19012&MediaId=5
The Closing Date: 2nd May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.