DRC Advocacy Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. DRC Kenya looking for “Advocacy Officer”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 21 April 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Advocacy Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall purpose of the role: Under the technical supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Advocacy Officer – Protection will be responsible for providing technical support for data collection by field offices and producing regular protection monitoring reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce infographics and accessible information products for different audiences and including advocacy products.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and country and field level for the dissemination of protection monitoring reports and other advocacy materials in line with DRC´s protection and country strategy.
- Develop advocacy strategy and quarterly advocacy workplan – in line with country office priorities
- Work closely with the Protection Coordinator and PDQ Manager to understand key developments related to refugee rights in Kenya
- Master’s degree in human rights, social sciences or another relevant subject.
- Experience and knowledge in GBV and Child Protection programming..
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the humanitarian sector related with an NGO/United Nations or civil society organization.
- Experience in using research methodologies and data collection tools.
- Excellent drafting skills in English and experience in report writing different audiences.
- Experience in developing advocacy plans and conducting advocacy activities with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in the production of technical material (training material, tools, reports, documents, etc.).
- Good networking skills.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Advocacy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs