DRC Area Programme Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DRC Ethiopia looking for “Area Programme Manager“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 22nd March 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
DRC Area Programme Manager Jobs 2023
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 9th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Area Programme Manager to be based in Dollo Ado, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall Purpose Of The Role: The Area Programme Manager (APM) is the most senior programme staff in the Dollo Ado area office, responsible for implementation of DRC’s multi-sector programme portfolio – Economic Recovery, Protection and WASH, as well as both cash-based and in-kind emergency response – in the southern Somali region. S/he will ensure that programmes are delivered on time, on budget and to a high technical standard in line with DRC, donor, and international best practices. S/he is the line manager for sector managers, and is responsible for coordination between DRC’s programmatic sector teams at area-level, between the programmatic and support teams at the area-level, and with the DRC technical team in the country office.The successful candidate will have a strong project and budget management skillset, and the ability to drive programme quality, in addition to substantial experience in programme development and grant management. Strong interpersonal and people management skills are essential.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Area Programme Manager
- Location: Dolo Ado, Somali region, Ethiopia
- Employment Category: F2
- Reporting To: Area Manager, Dolo Ado
- Technical Management: Head of Operations
- Start of Contract & Duration: 1 Year
- Posting date: March 7, 2023
- Required Employee: 1
- Department/Country: Ethiopia
- Contract type: Expatriate or national contract
- Homepage: drc.ngo
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in management, international relations, development studies, social work, or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ high-level management experience, overseeing multi-sector, multi-donor humanitarian programs in complex environments;
- Proven expertise in project management at all stages of the humanitarian programme cycle, including programme design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and applying learning
- Practical financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation; understanding of HR principles and ethics.
- Experience of staff management, capacity building and performance development systems.
How to Apply DRC Area Programme Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=167485&DepartmentId=19012&MediaId=5
The Closing Date: 22nd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs