DRC Contracts Management Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
DRC Kenya looking for “Contracts Management Specialist”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 24 November 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 November 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Contracts Management Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall purpose of the role: We are looking for a motivated international development professional to join DRC’s Contracts team and spearhead our close support to DRC field operations implementing commercial contracts. The role includes day-to-day support and capacity strengthening to in-country project management teams; risk management; budget management; quality assurance of reporting to clients; and engagement with partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage regularly with in-country project management to monitor project’s performance from a corporate risk and compliance perspective. At the direction of Project Directors, this may include engaging regularly with delivery team leadership and client representatives
- Advise project management teams to empower them to make effective management decisions that achieve project objectives, protect DRC’s corporate interests and are in line with commercial contract delivery best practices,
- Serve as technical line manager and backstop to in-country Project Managers, where applicable, providing regular technical oversight and on the job training for project management tasks specific to commercial contracts. When Project Manager is on leave, serve as delegate for project management responsibilities such as Budget Holder in Dynamics,
- Engage ad-hoc with wider project delivery teams and Country Office-based Support Services teams to advise on efficient, high-quality and compliant project delivery, in line with DRC’s Operations Handbook and commercial contract best practices,
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Development Studies, Finance or any other relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management within the stabilization, development and/or humanitarian sectors
- Experience of managing donor funded commercial contracts, including from donors such as FCDO, World Bank, USG and DANIDA
- Experience of managing high-risk and sensitive projects (desirable),
- Excellent organizational, analytical and planning skills
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Contracts Management Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.