DRC Protection Monitoring Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DRC Ethiopia looking for “Protection Monitoring Officer“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 30, 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Monitoring Officer to be based in Dollo Ado, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Develop a work plan for the implementation of protection monitoring activities in the identified sites.
- Ensure protection monitoring activities are implemented in line with international standards, best practices and DRC protection monitoring guidelines
- Carry out the protection monitoring activities according to work plan and allocated budget
- Contribute in the development and review of protection monitoring tools and in the analysis of the collected information
- Support the Protection Assistant (Monitoring) in data collection using the standardized tools (Key Information Interviews, Focus Group Discussion and observation)
- Collaborate with the Team leader in reviewing protection trends and needs in DRC’s areas of intervention and recommend activities and responses for DRC’s and other agencies
- Conduct service mapping to determine available services and ensure effective protection services and referrals
- Support Identification of individuals with specific needs and referral to relevant services including Individual Protection Assistance.
- Collaborate with relevant partners to develop and maintain protection referral mechanisms.
- Conduct community awareness raising and information dissemination on identified protection risks and prevention and mitigation strategies;
- Ensure the continuity of protection programming (case management, referrals) and the identification of cases through protection monitoring.
- Hold regular meetings with community-based groups/networks and help establish ‘community action plans’ to address safety concerns.
- Maintain good relationships with other stakeholders to collect daily information on fresh displacements in the area of coverage and support safe referrals
- Mobilize and create strong rapport with communities through engaging with community-based structures on a consistent basis and sticking to respectful, culturally appropriate ways.
- Support community-based structures through promoting meaningful group conversation and guiding members to self-identify community protection concerns.
- Engage in developing and implementing response plans according to the finding of protection monitoring with the leadership of protection team leader;
- Represent DRC in engagement with the target community and their representatives, local gov’t structures, humanitarian agencies operating in the target area with the guidance and leadership of the protection team leader;
- Work with other DRC sectoral staff to encourage referrals and information exchange.
- Ensure ethical and statistically-sound data collection, analysis and protection.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Protection Monitoring Officer
- Location: Dollo Ado
- Employment Category: H2
- Reporting To: Protection Team leader
- Posting date: September 16, 2023,
- Required Employee: 1
- Salary: USD 540.00 to USD 656.00 based on you work experience and educational qualification
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- University degree in social work, social science, law or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an entry to mid-level position, with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee/IDP protection working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Technical understanding of core protection concepts, prevention and response strategies, including experience with operationalizing global best practices and international standards for implementing protection monitoring in humanitarian contexts.
- Experience in conducting protection monitoring or protection assessments
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven record of designing and facilitating trainings and workshops on protection-related topics.
- Hands-on experience with supporting community-based protection structures.
- Experience working with displaced or conflict affected populations.
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English, Amharic And Somali.
How to Apply DRC Protection Monitoring Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.