DRC Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. DRC Uganda looking for “Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 22, 2023.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on March 09, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Position||Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||March 22, 2023|
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Refugee Investment Technical Assistance
Lead the scoping and development of technical assistance activities both prior to and during investment under the RIF, which seeks to offer patient investments of up to 5 years to local companies and start-ups that have the potential to positively impact refugees and host communities. This includes:
- Identify companies with potential refugee impact through networks and country programming and refer such to the RIF /iGravity Investment Officers for screening
- Lead on identification of potential enterprise impact within target displacement affected communities, aligning with community needs as part of screening of potential investees
- Lead the design and defining of focus for technical assistance allocations for each investee, in line with the Technical Assistance Facility framework, and in cooperation with the DRC country teams, DRC RIF Global Lead, Regional Specialists and the RIF in-country Investment Officer
- Identify business capacity building needs, opportunities for impact and ways to further connect businesses to displacement-affected communities
- Identify key refugee impact metrics relevant for each company and define an impact framework for each investee
- Prepare and submit proposals for technical assistance grant allocations to the RIF Investment Committee
- Provide technical assistance and advice to investees on refugee impact, such as support developing impact management and monitoring systems, assistance engaging effectively with refugee communities and their needs, analysis of markets and ecosystems within refugee hosting areas to enhance business engagement, and support in development of best practice around refugee-inclusive business approaches
- Manage impact monitoring for RIF investees, through annual review of impact reports of investees, meeting with investee management teams, on-site monitoring, and on this basis make recommendations for strengthening the impact of investees
- Identify links between investees and DRC’s other economic recovery programming in country to build complementarity in approaches
- Coordinate DRC RIF country activities and priorities with the Global DRC HQ RIF Lead and iGravity’s RIF Country Lead
- Support the development of learning and community impact monitoring alongside DRC’s MEAL teams, gathering data and feedback from communities on RIF impacts.
Position in Organization:
- Application due: 3/22/2023
- Workplace: Kampala
- Department/Country: Uganda
- Contract type: National contract
- Homepage: drc.ngo
- Minimum, Masters degree in International Development, MBA/ Finance or International Relations, or other relevant field from a recognied institution
- At least 5 years of proven and successful track record engaging with businesses in refugee contexts or other similar contexts.
- Experience in social impact financing, implementing market systems development activities and fostering strategic private sector engagement;
- Experience in economic development, private sector development, economic recovery in humanitarian and/or emerging economy contexts, business strategy and business plan development, or similar fields with social impact focus.
- Understanding of the refugee / host community context in country, including socio-economic challenges and opportunities and the role NGOs and private sector can play in addressing challenges and realizing opportunities.
- Previous experience working in East Africa region.
- Ability to communicate technical information in an easy to understand, informative and collaborative manner.
- Good knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards or other accountability measures/standards.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to Apply DRC Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=167499&DepartmentId=19046&MediaId=5
The Closing Date: March 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.