DRC WASH and Shelter Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. DRC Nigeria looking for “WASH and Shelter Coordinator”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 14 March 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of WASH and Shelter Coordinator to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is dedicated to technical coordination, advisory, fundraising and representing DRC in relevant technical fora and working group.
The WASH and Shelter Coordinator is responsible for formulating technical strategy for DRC Nigeria bringing effective, innovative modalities to the sector with emphasis on Value for Money and Going Green.
- Provide technical advisory to the implementation teams and Country Office team on any stage of programme implementation.
- Lead on creation and roll out of the technical strategy with emphasis on needs of the affected communities, innovation, and environment. Support the Head of Programmes on creating the Country Strategy.
- Provide technical inputs and review to proposals, reports, assessments and evaluations in line with the technical strategy.
- Provide technical capacity building to implementation teams and partners.
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, SoPs and guidelines covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH and Shelter sector development and good-practice implementation.
- Initiate and contribute to the systematic assessment of WASH sector capacity gap analysis, in collaboration with government and other stakeholders, and support the design of initiatives to strengthen capacities systematically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/Water Engineering, Architecture or Construction.
- Master’s degree in above fields will be an added advantage.
- Experience with capacity building for national partners.
- Prior knowledge of Nigeria context.
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical management and advisory in WASH and Shelter sectors.
- Proven experience with proposal and report writing processes.
- Direct experience with drafting and reviewing of technical SoPs and guidelines, technical papers and analysis with emphasis on innovation and environment.
- Proven experience with representation in Clusters, Working groups and other relevant technical bodies.
- Proven experience with impactfully engaging with stakeholders.
- Experience working in emergency response with INGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC WASH and Shelter Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.