UN Habitat IT Database Development Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “IT Database Development Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 15 May 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of IT Database Development Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the interns’ assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Coordinator, the intern will:
- Assist in the development of a multi-functional database system allowing for online collection, storage, retrieval, management and quick usage of programmes and activities data such as countries updates, regional pipeline reports, and projects implementation summaries needed for further
- generation of knowledge, programming, monitoring and reporting.
- Design a user-friendly online matrix for programme’s integration with specific components for assembled by categories (mainly thematic, regional, and others) compiling for aggregation and further use where and whenever applicable. The matrix or its elements should provide living tools allowing for easy administration of selected data, by means key words, needed for substantive trends analysis and reporting.
- Perform training sessions to familiarize colleagues and programme managers of RPD at HQ and regional and country levels with the new databases and to demonstrate their value-added to improving the current practice of inputs and information collection, compilation and management for a better coordination of UN-Habitat’s country activities and reports.
- Support planning, implementation and reporting on activities recorded in the database, e.g. preparation of legislative sessions and outreach events, development and maintenance of information and knowledge generated, and monitoring.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience in developing and managing/maintaining a multi-purpose database for the collection, analysis and aggregation of projects implementation data and reporting updates is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat IT Database Development Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.