FAO Crop Production Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. FAO Ethiopia looking for “Crop Production Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 5th May 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Crop Production Specialist to be based in Semera, Ethiopia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities: She/He will provide overall operational support to the project including the following main responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the Sustainable Crop Production Intensification (SCPI) and diversification work programme across all Regional Initiatives and Strategic Objectives, providing technical support to the regional government that will assist their capacity for integrating SCPI and diversification activities in regional programmes, including activities to strengthen SCPI and diversification programmes through the concerted strengthening of conservation of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (PGRFA);
- Coordinate Seed Security Assessment (SSA), facilitate seed system security assessment (SSSA), produce list of adapted varieties of different crops in the region and identify major challenges of seed supply system in the region, produce report about potential seed suppliers in the region and the delivery of quality seeds and planting materials to growers;
- Participate in the preparation and review of FAO Afar region field programme/project and thematic work plans to ensure technical consistency;
- Participate in the preparation of FAO Afar region SCPI and diversification projects work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify and report corrective measures to ensure timely delivery of projects;
- Contribute to the drafting and updating of all FAO Afar Field Office reports and any other documentation prepared for specific donors, related to SCPI and diversification;
- Support implementation of FAO Afar region projects with components related to plant/crop production and diversification and plant protection;
- Support assessment of the existing situation on the role of public and private sectors on Teff supply chain and marketing to identify institutional and policy constraints;
- Contribute to the drafting of Letters of Agreement (LoA) and other operational documents in support of FAO Afar Region SCPI and diversification projects and monitor the implementation of such Agreements;
- Support preparation of technical guidelines, manuals, training materials and leaflets on improved crop production technologies and best practices;
- Provide support to the development and implementation of capacity development activities in favour of private and public stakeholders to develop and implement SCPI and diversification projects and programmes;
- Provide perspectives on thematic cross-cutting initiatives such as: biodiversity, good agriculture practices, organic agriculture and conservation agriculture, soil fertility management, grassland management and crop/livestock interaction for inclusion in plant production programmes;
- Liaise with other UN and Development Partners and NGOs in the region to ensure timely and relevant participation of the FAO Afar Region Office in the UN and other coordination platforms and mechanisms relevant to sustainable plant/crop production;
- Contribute to the conducting of periodic reviews and appraisals of crop production in the region; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Crop Production Specialist
- Job Posting: 20/Apr/2023
- Closure Date: 05/May/2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRETH
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Semera
- Duration: 11 months with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
- Post Number: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of advanced university degree in agriculture, plant science or related fields.
- A minimum of 8 years of practical and extensive experience.
How to Apply FAO Crop Production Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2301152
The Closing Date: 5th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.