FAO Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. FAO Ethiopia looking for “Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before October 11, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement MEL systems (including results frameworks, theories of change, etc.,)
- in alignment with corporate, regional, and subregional MEL and information priorities.
- Support mainstreaming of MEL in project/programme formulation stage, including theory of change development, log frame design, budgeting for MEL, MEL plans development.
- Support management and project managers to identify priority Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and realistic targets, to promote a programmatic approach to monitoring and evaluation, and to ensure their alignment with regional and sub-regional priorities and/or relevant KPIs.
- Conduct periodic data collections and analyses, in line with the established data needs, learning priorities and/or KPIs.
- Compile, manage and curate relevant regional/sub-regional results-based datasets.
- Contribute data for internal and external reporting.
- Facilitate the dissemination and use of monitoring data to inform programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning by developing subject-matter analytics, lessons learned compilation and briefs/reports.
- Develop capacity of FAO staff and implementing partners in M&E methodologies and practices.
- Perform any other duties, as requested.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist
- Job Posting: 19/Sep/2023
- Closure Date: 11/Oct/2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: SFE – Subregional Office for Eastern Africa
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Duration: 11 months
- Advanced university degree in social sciences (sociology, anthropology, economics, political sciences, international relations, research methods or similar) and/or data sciences (statistics, survey methods or alike) and/or evaluation.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in setting up and operationalizing MEL systems in food security and livelihoods programmes and/or in food security analysis/vulnerability assessments mapping in the NGO and/or United Nations/Inter-Governmental Organizations context.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English. Limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese) is required for a consultancy contract. For PSA, working knowledge of English is sufficient.
How to Apply FAO Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 11, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.