FAO National AMR Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
FAO Zimbabwe looking for “National AMR Coordinator”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 28, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 14, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of National AMR Coordinator to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Serves as the FAO national Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) coordinator and ensure coordination between FAO-Zimbabwe office and relevant government Ministries as well as other partners;
- Leads the overall coordination, planning, implementation and reporting for the AMR Fleming Fund 3 project in the Zimbabwe;
- Develops a work plans & project activities in partnership with the One Health Secretariat and ensure that the work plan aligns with the document, the FAO Zimbabwe Country Programming Framework and the FAO Action Plan on AMR (2021-2025);
- Leads the coordination and implementation of the AMR Fleming Fund project activities, including advocacy initiatives, based on agreed work plan in close coordination with Government counterparts, and other implementing partners;
- Ensures that the FF3 Zimbabwean program includes development and rolling out of data generation interventions at the farm level using the Farmer Field Schools approach and the harmonized data collection tools developed by the regional team;
- Monitors progress & expenditures against the AMR Fleming Fund work plan by tracking activities & targets with periodic review and revisions;
- Prepares Zimbabwe AMR activity updates and provide presentations or contributions to regional AMR initiatives, as needed;
- Supports FAO/WOAH/WHO/UNEP quadripartite coordination on AMR at national level through liaison and coordination with technical counterparts in WHO, WOAH and UNEP on the implementation of the projects.
- Reviews and provide technical input into the development of both FAO and quadripartite (FAO/WHO/WOAH/UNEP) tools and documents related to AMR.
- Participates in and contribute to the National AMR core group and technical working groups meetings and workshops.
- Provides technical support on AMR related activities and support harmonization among AMR projects being delivered at national level including the FF3, Fleming Fund Country grant and the Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF) projects;
- As a member of CUFAPH, assist in ensuring a programmatic approach in supporting technical areas Animal Production and Health with a special focus on One Healthy, which included prevention and control (zoonoses & TADs), and support the One Health flagship Program at the subregion;
- Develops case studies and technical or other relevant documents to facilitate and disseminate project actions and impacts.
- Supports the identification of gaps and the development of good practices to reduce the need for antimicrobial use in different value chains (foods of animal and plant origin) and their adaptation to local situations.
- Supports the development of information and communication products to raise awareness on AMR, particularly on good practices;
- Works closely with the wider project team to ensure effective communication on upcoming events, issues, activities;
- Carries out other relevant duties within his/her technical competence as requested.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 13/Nov/2023
- Closure Date: 28/Nov/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- Advanced University degree in Veterinary Medicine or related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience related to implementation of projects on animal health with special focus on AMR, AMU and One Health.
- A National of Zimbabwe.
- Working Knowledge of English.
How to Apply FAO National AMR Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303444
The Closing Date: November 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNOPS Administration Associate Jobs 2023
- IOM Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Senior Project Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Security Operations Centre Supervisor Jobs 2023