FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. FAO Nigeria looking for “National Professional Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 06 October 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 September 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of National Professional Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Reporting Lines: The National Professional Officer (Safety and Security) works under the supervision of the FAO Representative in Nigeria, with the technical guidance of the Chief, Security Services (CSLS) and the Regional Security Adviser (CSLS).
- Provide, in close collaboration with the Field Security Unit at headquarters, advice to the FAO Representative on maintaining the safety and security of FAO personnel, premises and assets, in line with UNSMS and FAO security management policies and guidelines.
- Assist the FAO Decentralized Office in maintaining up-to-date security information, and prepare periodical situation reports, ensuring that the FAO Representative and the Field Security Unit at headquarters are regularly informed of the security situation.
- Prepare Contingency Plans and SOPs for the country office and sub-offices and be instrumental in implementing enhanced security measures.
- Conduct training/briefing on safety and security procedures, including convoy and evacuation procedures, and ensure personnel are familiar with and adhere to security guidelines and precautions.
- Delivery regular security briefings to all FAO personnel based in or on mission to the country.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in risk or emergency management, social/political science, military science, public administration, law enforcement, law or a related area.
- One year of relevant professional experience in risk management and/or safety and security service in a national security and/or military setting.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and local language.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org