FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. FAO Zimbabwe looking for “National Professional Officer“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before October 06, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on September 15, 2023. for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of National Professional Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide, in close collaboration with the Field Security Unit at headquarters, advice to the FAO Representative on maintaining the safety and security of FAO personnel, premises and assets, in line with UNSMS and FAO security management policies and guidelines.
- Support the monitoring and implementation, as necessary, of technical security measures as outlined in the Area Security Plan, Security Risk Management (SRM) process document, Residential Security Measures (RSM), Security Risk Compliance Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and associated documents.
- Support the monitoring of the security situation across the country, support the coordination of security risk assessments for the Country Office and sub-offices and provide the FAO Representative with an independent analysis of emerging security threats to FAO personnel, operations, premises and assets. Facilitate the implementation of recommended prevention and mitigation measures.
- Assist the FAO Decentralized Office in maintaining up-to-date security information, and prepare periodical situation reports, ensuring that the FAO Representative and the Field Security Unit at headquarters are regularly informed of the security situation.
- Prepare Contingency Plans and SOPs for the country office and sub-offices and be instrumental in implementing enhanced security measures.
- Conduct training/briefing on safety and security procedures, including convoy and evacuation procedures, and ensure personnel are familiar with and adhere to security guidelines and precautions.
- Delivery regular security briefings to all FAO personnel based in or on mission to the country.
- Systematically report security incidents to the FAO Representative and Field Security Unit at headquarters.
- Assist in conducting periodic security assessments of FAO premises and equipment; and provide advice on gaps in security preparedness with recommended improvements and solutions, as per the approved Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM).
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 14/Sep/2023
- Closure Date: 06/Oct/2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: CSLS
- Job Type: Staff position
- Type of Requisition: NPO (National Professional Officer)
- Grade Level: N-1
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: Fixed-term: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Post Number: 2009823
- CCOG Code: 1A03d
- National of Zimbabwe.
- Advanced university degree in risk or emergency management, social/political science, military science, public administration, law enforcement, law or a related area.
- One year of relevant professional experience in risk management and/or safety and security service in a national security and/or military setting.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of the local language.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in risk management and/or safety and security service in a national security and/or military setting.
- Extent of knowledge of UNSMS or standard operational rules and procedures is considered a strong asset.
How to Apply FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2302829
The Closing Date: October 06, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNICEF Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF National consultant for graphic design Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International consultant for the design of a Grievance Redress Mechanism Jobs 2023
- ICRISAT Scientific Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP VAM Officer Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Associate National Project Officer Jobs 2023
- ILO Driver Jobs 2023