FAO Nature-based livelihoods Specialist Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. FAO Nigeria looking for “Nature-based livelihoods Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 September 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 September 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Nature-based livelihoods Specialist to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Task and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and advocate for guidelines supporting mangrove-friendly aquaculture, sustainable small-scale fisheries, and co-management of mangrove ecosystems.
- Develop and implement sustainable income-generating fishery activities and value chains within and around mangrove ecosystems.
- Establish Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) to create nature-based value chains that reduce pressure on mangrove ecosystems while generating benefits.
- Facilitate market linkages, access to resources, and value-chain financing through contract farming and partnerships.
- Develop opportunities for PPPs that strengthen agricultural, forestry, fisheries, and ecotourism value chains.
- Implement gender-sensitive interventions for integrated agricultural, forestry, and fishing practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree or advanced university degree in relevant natural or social sciences (Fisheries and Aquaculture, Natural Resource Economics, Agroecology, Integrated Production Systems, Climate Change Adaptation).
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in developing climate-resilient mixed production systems, sustainable fisheries, pastoralism systems, and nature-based value chains.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nigerian nationality.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Nature-based livelihoods Specialist Jobs 2023
To apply, visit the recruitment website atJobs at FAOand complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org