FAO Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Operations Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 21, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 28, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
- Acts as a focal point for all project operational matters, organizes and handles the day-to-day operational activities of the field programme (including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects, in national, regional and global projects) and takes action in consultation with supervisors on any issues which arise during the execution period;
- Prepares project task force meetings and provides secretariat support;
- Ensures the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and in liaison with other support units;
- Participates in the preparation of project work plans, monitors progress and identifies corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Reviews and monitors the project budget, prepares requests and revisions as required, maintains and monitors budget expenditures and resources, reviews project transaction listings with a view to identify errors in accounting against budget lines;
- Prepares and submits the Project Implementation Reports and any other reports required by the Organization;
- Ensures the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g. GRMS, FPMIS), for all assigned operational field projects and activities;
- Prepares analytical reports on project performances as required;
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 27/Feb/2023
- Closure Date: 21/Mar/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FAO Representation in Zimbabwe, FRZIM
- Job Type: Staff position
- Type of Requisition: Professional Project
- Grade Level: P-3
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
- Post Number: 2009449
- CCOG Code: 1A11
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or another field related to the FAO mandate.
- Five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation.
- Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, advising and guiding the implementation of complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Extent of experience in formulation, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Ability to develop plans for the implementation and coordination of project operations in developing countries, in partnership with UN agencies and other concerned stakeholders and/or partners.
- Familiarity with UN administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset.
How to Apply FAO Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300593
The Closing Date: March 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.