FHI 360 Community Nutrition Zonal Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
FHI 360 Ethiopia looking for “Community Nutrition Zonal Coordinator”.
Applicants with a BSc Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization has long managed in projects relating to family planning and reproductive health.
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on November 20, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Community Nutrition Zonal Coordinator to be based in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2023
- Participate annual plan and budget development for the programand ensure that Community Nutrition activities are fully aligned with Zonal and Woreda annual plan.
- Provide technical support for Zonal, Woreda, and local stakeholders to assessneeds related to the implementation of Community Nutrition Activities
- Develop terms of reference and facilitate training in respective Zonal and Woreda levels.
- Ensure that all FNP policies, FNS, nutrition guidelines, SAM guide line and minimum nutrition standard, QI strategy on nutrition specific services, SBCC specific to the program/nutrition, revised HMIS, and monitoring tools are implemented in respective target zones and Woredas.
- Provides technical support through regular and supportive supervision to Woredahealth/agriculture office, health facilities and communities.
- Participate conducting various assessments in both health facility and community levels in the zone/region
- Support and ensure that Nutrition agenda focused review meetings are conducted regularly in Zonal and Woreda levels
- In collaboration with LME manager, strengthen the capacity of Zonal, Woreda health office and community in nutrition and health information management system fordecision making.
- Support and ensure the functionality of Zonal, Woreda and Kebele level Nutrition Governance and coordination in place
- Support the availability of nutrition relevant job aids (counselling materials, registers and reference guides) are in the health facilities
- Ensure establishment and functionality of quality improvement teams in the respective health facilities
- Support catchment mentorship in collaboration with catchment Hospital Quality Improvement team.
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentoring and on job training for health workers at targeted Health facilities using agreed tools in place
- Support strengthening linkage among the primary health care units
- Support and Monitor health facilities to include nutrition related drugs (IFA, Deworming, Vitamin A & others) request into the RRF timely
- As part of increasing nutrition service uptake, ensure that HDA/community volunteers and PHCUs are working hand in hand for better linkage of the community to the health facilities
- Ensure that all donor compliance and FHI 360 rules and regulations are strictly followed during day-to-day program operations.
- Collaborate with USAID local implementing partners (LIPs) and those who are working on nutrition program at Zone and woreda level
- Provide technical support for local partners under Community Nutrition Activities
- Ensure that Community Nutrition Activities (Indicators) are included in woreda annual implementation plans.
Position in Organization:
- Community Nutrition Zonal Coordinator
- Locations: Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Today
- Job requisition id: Requisition – 2023201818
- Master’s Degree / BSc Degree or its International Equivalent in Nutrition, Health Officer, Nursing and other Health related and having MSC in any public health field is an advantage, Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or a Related Field.
- A minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience Nutrition and health programs, ideally in nutrition, health or related technical areas.
- Have trained on CMAM, Quality Improvement, AMIYCN, Catchment Mentorship, Enhanced Community conversation, Adolescent Nutrition, Data Management and Use and DHIS2 training in the last three years.
- Experience working effectively with local NGO/and other USAID partners.
- Proven ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate health workers, community leaders, health extension workers, AEWs.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Willingness to Base on Zonal Health Office with willingness to work closely with Zone, District and Community level health system frequently travel to rural communities.
- An understanding and commitment to FHI-360 values
- Strong results orientation
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Excellent spoken and written English and local languages.
How to Apply FHI 360 Community Nutrition Zonal Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Dire-Dawa-Ethiopia/Community-Nutrition-Zonal-Coordinator_Requisition-2023201818?Country=db69c460446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.