Ford Foundation South Africa looking for “Program Officer”.
Applicants with a Undergraduate degree may apply on or before 20th November 2023.
The Ford Foundation is an American private foundation with the stated goal of advancing human welfare. Created in 1936 by Edsel Ford and his father Henry Ford, it was originally funded by a US$25,000 gift from Edsel Ford. By 1947, after the death of the two founders, the foundation owned 90% of the non-voting shares of the Ford Motor Company. (The Ford family retained the voting shares. Between 1955 and 1974, the foundation sold its Ford Motor Company holdings and now plays no role in the automobile company.
The Ford Foundation has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th November 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Program Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 8 years leading impact-driven strategies and/or subject-matter expertise in a relevant thematic area, (e.g., natural resources policy, natural resource governance, public policy, environmental sciences, rural development, geography, law, social sciences and economics) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of natural resource governance, extractive industries, benefit sharing, and energy transition.
- Experience in multiple countries in Southern Africa, demonstrated collaboration with civil society, and a perspective informed by the global context.
- Deep understanding of the social, cultural and political context of Southern Africa, especially South Africa and the geopolitical landscape.
- Familiarity with natural resource governance policy at the national, regional or global levels, community based natural resource management, and/or rural development,
- Experience applying an intersectional lens and gender analysis to the work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Exceptional leadership presence – internally and externally.
- Superb analytical skills and ability to strategize, plan, prioritize and identify/assess opportunities, challenges and institutions with which to engage.
- Exceptional communications skills – strong active listening skills, constructive verbal and written skills, strong public presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative and productive member of a team, respecting differences while working toward shared goals, comfort with periods of ambiguity, constructive participation in ongoing organizational development.
- Ability to work well with colleagues, consultants, funders, and grantees across many diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Ford Foundation Program Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://fordfoundation.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com………
The Closing Date: 20th November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.