Fred Hollows Foundation Project Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Fred Hollows Foundation Uganda looking for “Project Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before April 21, 2023.
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organisation that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Fred Hollows Foundation has published a job vacancy announcement on April 13, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Fred Hollows Foundation Job Vacancy 2023
The Project Officer will own the outcomes of:
- Project coordination and management to ensure smooth implementation of project activity and outcomes in accordance with agreed project framework, work plans and annual budgets based on assigned districts.
- Coordinate with partners to ensure timely submission of quarterly, annual and any other reports, including Accelerator quarterly data entry and reflection.
- Actively participate in the development of project concepts, proposal and project design documents
- Support the Country Program Manager to prepare Purchase Requisitions and comply with our Finance Manual, ensure all requisitions are appropriate and align with planned and budgeted activities.
- Monitor and evaluate stages of project/ program implementation to ensure activities are achieving the required outcomes; identify new approaches and strategies that would benefit the program design and implementation; identify and compile lessons learned, report back on learnings.
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations Country Support Network (CSN) Team to ensure expenses are in line with FHF procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of annual financial budgets.
- Provide administrative support to the country programs including partner visits, meeting scheduling and coordination with cluster and CSN teams.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager.
Position in Organization:
- Division: Programs
- Location: Uganda
- Date: March 2023
- Employment type: Full time; Permanent contract
- Reports to: Country Program Manager – Uganda
- Number of direct reports: None
- Leadership Band: Leads Self
- Degree in Public Health, Social Science, Development or related field.
- Project management
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle several projects at the same time
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- French language skill is an added advantage
- Proven ability to influence and work with partners/ stakeholders
- Experience in Comprehensive Eye Health programming
The position involves:
- This position is recognised as having “Contact with Children” either direct or indirect.
- This position does involve “Working with Children” either direct or indirect.
- This position does involve working with beneficiaries, donors and/or partners.
- Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is carried out in ways, which safeguard the health and safety of workers.
How to Apply Fred Hollows Foundation Project Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.hollows.org/Upload/FHFV3/Media/au/pdf/job%20descriptions/Role-Purpose-Project-Officer-Burundi-Uganda-Tanzania-March-2023.pdf
The Closing Date: April 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.