GGGI Capacity Needs Assessment Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. GGGI Ethiopia looking for “Capacity Needs Assessment“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 16th March 2023.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies.
The GGGI has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Capacity Needs Assessment to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)|
|Position||Consultant for Capacity Needs Assessment|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||16th March 2023|
GGGI Job Vacancy 2023
Objectives of the Assignment: The consultant shall perform the following major tasks:
- Review the project document and other relevant policies/strategies, identify relevant project partners in Oromia region (Jimma, Ilu Abba Bora, and Buno Bedele zones) and South West Ethiopia Peoples’ region (Kafa, Dawuro and Konta zones).
- Develop data collection tools to conduct a comprehensive capacity gaps and need assessment.
- Identify and assess existing country and regional level coordination and joint implementation structures, systems, and policy/strategies in place for sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation, improved livelihoods, and climate-smart agriculture.
- Identify and assess the systems and structures in place at the zonal, woreda, and community levels for sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation, improved livelihoods, and climate-smart agriculture.
- Identify untapped opportunities for sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation, and climate-smart agriculture in the project sites (resources, networks, partnerships, technologies, etc.).
- Assess zonal and woreda level partners’ capacity gaps and needs for effective project implementation or coordination, including multi-stakeholder coordination skills and technical expertise, using participatory methodologies.
- Identify and assess existing initiatives in the project woredas concerning sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation, and climate-smart agriculture, taking gender and social inclusion into account.
- Identify and examine existing coordination mechanisms, and existing challenges and opportunities among potential stakeholders of the project.
- Identify and recommend best practices/approaches for project partners’ and beneficiaries’ capacity development.
- Prepare a customized capacity development plan for the targeted project partners.
Position in Organization:
- Consultant for Capacity Needs Assessment
- Location: Ethiopia
- City: Addis Ababa with field work in Oromia and South West Ethiopia Peoples’ Regional States
- Contract Type: Individual Consultant (Deliverable)
- Grade: Individual Consultant 4
- Salary scale: Individual Consultant Scale
- Contract Duration: 25 Days
- Deadline (23:59 KST): 16/03/2023
- Job Reference: 100007966
Qualification & Experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change, Agriculture, Development Economics, Development Studies, Environmental Science, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in research or rural development projects in collaboration with stakeholders at the national, regional, zonal, and woreda levels;
- Strong knowledge and experience in addressing complex socio-ecological problems such as climate, loss of biodiversity and land degradation;
- Experience in capacity assessments and preparation of customized capacity development plans.
- Knowledge and experience with participatory qualitative data collection and analysis methods.
How to Apply GGGI Capacity Needs Assessment Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.gggi.org/vacancy/ethiopia-consultant-for-capacity-needs-assessment-csmfl-project-518861.html
The Closing Date: 16th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.