GGGI Conflict Sensitivity Analysis Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. GGGI Ethiopia looking for “Conflict Sensitivity Analysis“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 16th March 2023.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies.
The GGGI has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Conflict Sensitivity Analysis to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)|
|Position||Conflict Sensitivity Analysis|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||16th March 2023|
GGGI Job Vacancy 2023
Objectives of the Assignment: The Consultant shall perform the following major tasks:
- Undertake relevant document/literature reviews and identify potential conflicts in the project intervention areas (Jimma, Ilu Abba Bora, and Buno Bedele, Kafa, Dawuro and Konta zones) in view of the project interventions.
- Assess natural resource management related conflicts in the project intervention areas at different levels (e.g., among sectors, community members, private actors and government agencies) and make plausible recommendations to address them.
- Identify competition over natural resources utilization by the local community members.
- Assess social and ecological interplay in the project intervention sites.
- Examine the perceptions and attitudes of key project partners and targeted communities toward the project activities.
- Identify major types and causes of conflicts in the project intervention areas and anticipated implications on the project activities.
- Identify and examine potential areas of conflict among project stakeholders.
- Identify the connectors and dividers between the project beneficiaries (farmers, forest dependent communities, youth, women, participatory forest management cooperatives, agricultural cooperatives, etc.).
- Identify social capital in the project communities and investigate its role in the effective implementation and sustainability of project interventions (forest management, biodiversity conservation, and climate-smart agriculture).
- Provide expert recommendations on conflict management strategies based on the findings of the analysis.
Position in Organization:
- Consultant for Conflict Sensitivity Analysis
- Location: Ethiopia
- City: Addis Ababa with field work in Oromia and South West Ethiopia Peoples’ Regional States
- Contract Type: Individual Consultant (Deliverable)
- Grade: Individual Consultant 4
- Salary scale: Individual Consultant Scale
- Contract Duration:20 Days
- Deadline (23:59 KST): 16/03/2023
- Job Reference: 100007965
Qualification & Experience:
- At least a master’s degree in development studies, rural sociology, forestry, natural resource management, climate change, agriculture, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in research or rural development projects in collaboration with stakeholders at the national, regional, zonal, and woreda levels;
- Strong knowledge and experience in addressing complex socio-ecological problems such as climate change, loss of biodiversity, food insecurity and land degradation;
- Experience in conflict sensitivity analysis in complex and an integrated development projects in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge and experience with participatory qualitative data collection and analysis methods.
How to Apply GGGI Conflict Sensitivity Analysis Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.gggi.org/vacancy/ethiopia-consultant-for-conflict-sensitivity-analysis-csmfl-project-518856.html
The Closing Date: 16th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.