GGGI Program Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. GGGI Ethiopia looking for “Program Manager“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 19th October, 2023.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies.
The GGGI has published a job vacancy announcement on 06th October, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Program Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
GGGI Job Vacancy 2023
Within the role, it is also expected of this position to lead and take action of the following:
- Establish the Climate Finance Unit at Africa Union Headquarters
- Enhance the capacity of the AU to operationalize the GRAP in its five priority areas and to effectively mainstream gender equality
- Enhance the alignment of Regional Economic Communities with the AU-GRAP priorities
- Strengthen the capacities of Members States and increase the understanding of capacity gaps of AU Members States to align the AU-GRAP with national priority areas and effectively mainstream gender equality
- Enhance the capacity of Member States and African entities to originate, develop and implement gender responsive climate investments as well as to access and mobilize inclusive climate finance
- Assess effectiveness of program delivery and recommend improvements to meet long-term outcomes;
- Coordinate preparation of annual workplan and budgets and assist in budget reviews.
- Keeps abreast on technical knowledge and expertise in the diverse range of themes of the Ethiopia program
- Lead program reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the program both donor and internal reporting.
- Support the program level risk management and lead risk management in projects under the ARD oversight.
- Promote Knowledge and awareness raising through African Union Green Finance Investor Roundtables.
Position in Organization:
- Program Manager
- Location: Ethiopia
- City: Addis Ababa
- Contract Type: Staff
- Grade: X10
- Salary scale: International Scale
- Contract Duration: Until 30 May 2026
- Deadline (23:59 KST): 19/10/2023
- Job Reference: STA2376
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master or doctoral degree in international development, project Management and/or related subjects in green growth, with 8 -13 years of experience in managing programs in relevant sector.
- At least 5 years of international experience is required
- Experience leading teams managing complex project portfolios and quality assurance.. Experience holding leadership positions in the past is desirable;
- Experience working with government stakeholders in national and/or regional policy development and implementation in climate change activities is desirable
- Well-established networks among key individuals and organizations related to carbon pricing, capacity building, and mitigation project origination.
- Experience in working in a development country will be an important advantage;
- Strong oral and written English is essential.
How to Apply GGGI Program Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 19th October, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- FHI 360 Data Manager Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Learning Monitoring and Evaluation officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Health System Strengthening Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Regional Social and Behaviour Change and Community Engagement Specialist Jobs 2023
- WVI Driver Mechanic Jobs 2023
- IMMAP Information Management Officer Jobs 2023