HealthRight International Country Director Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. HealthRight International Uganda looking for “Country Director“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 15, 2023.
HealthRight International, formerly known as Doctors of the World-USA, is a global health organization, based in New York City. HealthRight was founded in 1990 by physician and human rights advocate Dr. Jonathan Mann. They work to guarantee that marginalized communities have equitable access to healthcare, in the intersection of public health and human rights. By ensuring marginalized populations have access to social, health, and mental services, introducing cutting-edge social technologies, expanding the field of health and social services, and enhancing the capabilities of civil society organizations, they aim to improve life quality and enable marginalized populations to exercise basic rights.
The HealthRight International has published a job vacancy announcement on March 04, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Country Director to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
HealthRight International Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Representation:
- Lead the country program by maintaining open and professional relations with colleagues, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance, oversight and resources to enable staff to perform successfully.
- Develop and carry out strategies that result in strong representation with: government ministries at various levels, donors, other international organizations; international and local NGOs; and any relevant networks.
- Ensure that HealthRight International remains a partner of choice for major international donors.
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of donor priorities and planned funding streams.
- Initiate and sustain strong, mutually beneficial and authentic partnerships with local organizations.
- Seek out and pursue opportunities to raise the profile of the work of HealthRight International and its partners, as well as the lives and the needs of the people HealthRight seeks to serve.
- Play a leadership role in efforts to improve humanitarian coordination in Uganda.
- Lead country program collaboration with colleagues in HealthRight’s East African Region to deliver regional programming and advocacy.
Position in Organization:
- UGANDA COUNTRY DIRECTOR
- POSITION NAME: Uganda Office Country Director
- REPORTS TO: Chief Programs Officer
- BASED IN: Kampala, Uganda
- START DATE: March, 2022 (ASAP)
- Education: Advanced degree in a public health-related field or similar background.
- Experience: 10 years of experience in global public health and proven track record in overseeing programs and securing funding resources for at least one of the priority populations: at-risk adolescents, women and children, migrants, or sexual and gender minorities.
- Leadership: 7 years of senior leadership in sub-Saharan Africa, with a strong preference for prior experience in Uganda.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business development in the global health space, financial management and fiscal responsibility.
How to Apply HealthRight International Country Director Jobs 2023
Please email your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@Healthright.org with the subject line:
LDP CDR-200UG-01 | Country Director, Uganda
The Cover letter should include your salary expectation
No Phone calls, please.
Only applications that meet our basic requirements will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
View More Jobs
- Malteser International Country Coordinator Jobs 2023
- CARE Women Economic Empowerment/YSLA Specialist Jobs 2023
- CARE Sexual Reproductive Health Specialist Jobs 2023
- CARE Initiative Manager Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Field Associate Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Snr Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP IT Officer Jobs 2023