IDI Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IDI Uganda looking for “Laboratory Technician“. Applicants with a degree in Diploma in Medical laboratory technology may apply on or before March 20, 2023.
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The IDI has published a job vacancy announcement on March 14, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Laboratory Technician to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Diploma in Medical laboratory technology|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||March 20, 2023|
IDI Job Vacancy 2023
- Perform Quality assurance procedures including daily quality control, monthly comparability tests and quarterly proficiency testing on the various tests offered at the facility in line with the laboratory quality manual and MoH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines.
- Study and implement periodic recommendations in regard to MoH laboratory accreditation processes in supported regional laboratory hubs of operation and in health facilities to enhance proper functioning of the laboratory in liaison with other regional laboratory staff in line with the WHO AFRO SLMTA /SLIPTA accreditation standards.
- Implement Biosafety and waste management procedures to maintain healthy, hygienic and safety aspects and work place needs routinely in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines
- Perform specimen collection from HF patients, referral of specimens (CD4, DBS, sputum, serology and chemistry samples) and reception of referred specimens including verification and documentation/ accessioning of specimens within realistic Turn Around Times in line with GLCP.
- Conduct regular periodic maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment/machines/their parts as per available service schedules as well routinely monitor equipment and environmental temperatures in line with GLCP, MoH SOPs and equipment manuals.
- Conduct forecasts of laboratory reagents and supplies, make monthly requisitions for the required inventory from HF main store and manage the laboratory store as well as distribute reagents and supplies to testing points in line with HF store management procedures.
Position in Organization:
- No of Positions: 1
- Job Code: LTX006
- Station: Adjumani Hospital
- Classification: Full-time
- Reports to: Facility Laboratory in charge & technically supported by District Laboratory Services Officer
- Posted Date: 2023-03-13
- Closing Date: 2023-03-20 23:59:00
- A Diploma in Medical laboratory technology with at least 2 years of laboratory work experience.
- Active registration with Allied Health Professional Council
- Possess key personal competences in customer care principles, Team, supervisory and analytical skills as well as networking and communication skills.
- Documentation, reporting, presentation and training skills as well as proficient use of automated laboratory instrumentation skills will be added advantage.
- Should have knowledge in laboratory CQI
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required
How to Apply IDI Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: March 20, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.