IDLO Finance Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IDLO Uganda looking for “Finance Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 30, 2023.
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an intergovernmental organization dedicated to the promotion of the rule of law. With a joint focus on the promotion of rule of law and development, it works to empower people and communities to claim their rights, and provides governments with the know-how to realize them. It supports emerging economies and middle-income countries to strengthen their legal capacity and rule of law framework for sustainable development and economic opportunity. It is the only intergovernmental organization with an exclusive mandate to promote the rule of law and has experience working in dozens of countries around the world.
The IDLO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 17, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IDLO Job Vacancy 2023
Management of Sub-Grant Calls for Applications
- Prepare the full package of documents ahead of each call for applications, develop a matrix of applications received and report on initial screening;
- Ensure periodic technical and financial content review updates including to sub-grants application documents and review criteria.
- Document the deliberations and resolutions of the Sub-Grants Review Committee and prepare the Committee Report.
- In close coordination with the country-based Programs team, carry out finance-related pre-grant assessments for all recommended IPs before sub-grants contracting.
- Liaise with the Field and HQ based Program Coordinators, to have the sub-grants contracts developed and signed, including for sub-grant contracts amendments and extensions.
- At all times, work with the Field Program Coordinator to produce management reports to coordinate the applications review process.
- Ensure that tools for efficient sub-grant management, monitoring and reporting are put in place and in line with donor’s requested standards.
- In close consultation with the Field Program Manager, maintain a database of all CJP sub-grants including funding applications, progress reports and sub-grants disbursements;
Position in Organization:
- Job ID: 2023-1377
- # of Openings: 1
- Category: Finance & Support Services
- Band Level: Level 4 – Core competency
- A minimum of a University degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration from a University recognized in Uganda.
- Additional certification in project management or other courses related to grants management is highly preferred. Additional certifications such as CPA, ACCA or CA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of significant relevant professional experience in grants/sub-grants management or implementation particularly for medium to large Programs or projects in Uganda is required.
- Experience working with international organizations or large national organizations in the justice, law and order sector (JLOS) or the international development sector will be a significant advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in any of the widely spoken local languages will be an added advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Experience in working with various finance-related sub-grants management systems. Experience working with Navision will be a significant advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of the JLOS sector in Uganda.
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse team.
- Well-developed analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and to respond in timely manner to queries and provide feedback.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, enthusiastic and proactive attitude including willingness to travel frequently to the field, self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives; and
- Highly developed sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
How to Apply IDLO Finance Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- SNV Executive Administration Officer Jobs 2023
- Plan International Project Officer Jobs 2023
- RSCE Assistant Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- UNISFA Air Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Supply Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Reporting Officer Jobs 2023