IFC Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IFC Ethiopia looking for “Operations Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before November 29, 2023.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th November, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Operations Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IFC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Accountabilities:
His/her specific responsibilities in each of these areas include the following:
- Lead/organize business development efforts through market analyses. Engage with the relevant teams at the World Bank and IFC for reforms needed to unlock new markets and work collaboratively across teams.
- Work closely with IFC Investment and other internal teams in pipeline identification, particularly for priority markets requiring capital markets development, and entities in these markets that will be issuing capital markets instruments.
- Lead the presentation of project proposals to get buy-in from stakeholders for the projects.
Have overall responsibility for the quality and timelines of the internal project-related documents such as Implementation Plans, Budgets and Legal Agreements.
Client and Stakeholder Management:
- Have overall responsibility for managing senior level client relationships and articulate IFC’s value proposition, leading to increased development impact supporting Investment Services.
- Hold knowledge transfer sessions, lead diagnostics with the client, and act as the technical lead for Upstream and Advisory Services projects as per area of specialization.
- Provide oversight supervising the team project implementors and experts to ensure consistency in the approach and high standards of delivery that meet client expectations.
- Work collaboratively with Investments to align Upstream and Advisory to help close pipeline investment projects and provide solutions to key portfolio clients.
- Collaborate with Client Engagement staff as well as industry specialists in the design, pitch negotiation of client solutions.
- Lead the delivery of advisory projects in Capital Markets.
- Improve the design and delivery of client solutions in Capital Markets, by incorporating global best practices and lessons from previous projects.
- Partner with the Monitoring & Evaluation team in the development of appropriate theories of change and results frameworks and indicators to strengthen the development impact and sustainability of client solutions and continuously learn from client projects/ engagement.
- Identify and participate in /conferences to highlight IFC offerings and value proposition, which includes serving as panelists/ moderator for internal and external events related to thematic area.
- Conduct research to shape on-going and future offerings in thematic area and develop new tools and guidance to incorporate internal and external best practices.
- Conceptualize and lead knowledge management initiatives.
- Design and deliver training for Upstream and Advisory Services staff, e.g., to build technical skills, client management capabilities.
- Share knowledge with Investment staff and other key internal stakeholders to better enable them to be Upstream and Advisory Services champions, and for external stakeholders to generate interest in thematic areas and understanding of why it is important/ advantageous to businesses, business climate, community and/or economy.
- Build tools and methodologies for enhancing the Upstream and Advisory delivery capacity, especially in the region. Support junior staff and strengthen their technical capacity; work with FIG US AS Manager to identify and address training needs.
Position in Organization:
- Operations Officer
- Job #: req25116
- Organization: IFC
- Sector: Operations
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 11/29/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Qualification & Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, International Development, or related fields, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in commercial banks, consulting firms, or development financial institutions (ideally in an Upstream and/or Advisory capacity).
- In-depth knowledge of Capital Markets, solid understanding of commercial banks, the broader financial sector, and the Africa region in general.
- Strong business development track record including ability to design, negotiate and lead efforts to develop and sell client offerings that reflect in-depth knowledge of thematic area and communicate the IFC value proposition effectively to clients.
- A strategic thinker with an ability to see the “big picture” of country, regional and global private sector development challenges, and an ability to identify how emerging market trends may create opportunities to refine FIG Upstream and Advisory products for increased uptake.
- Ability to design research and analytical projects to produce new understanding of a thematic issue and/or potential opportunities to unlock new markets or new streams of business.
- Strong project management and team leadership skills and an ability to develop and drive strategies and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to work under time pressure, respond to ad-hoc shifts in client priorities, unstructured situations and unexpected events while maintaining order and professional delivery.
How to Apply IFC Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=25116&site=1
The Closing Date: 29th November, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.