IFC South Africa looking for “Senior Finance Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced degree may apply on or before 01st December 2023.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th November 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Finance Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Role & Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Officer, Africa will be responsible for:
Budget and Resource Management.
- Lead and collaborate with the business at various levels (Regional Director/Country Managers/Department Managers etc.) for unit-level budget activities (annual planning, forecasting) and resource alignment to strategy and business priorities.
- Lead budget discussions and assessments with business units.
- Manage staff cost affordability for the unit in collaboration with the HR Business Partner.
- Partner with the Partnership team on Donor funding availability and utilization of Internal funds for projects and programs according to Governance.
- Monitor capital projects and manage their financial impact.
- Actively participate in Global/Regional/Functional ad-hoc working groups to tackle problems and share best practices.
Management Reporting and Analytics
- Contribute to executive decision-making with analytics, financial advice, and budget management to improve business performance.
- Independently supervise donors’ reporting function within the regional department.
- Deliver value-added analytics and solutions to enable better decision-making for clients.
- Lead delivery of financial and operational reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with the Real Estate team on office ecology and footprint analytics.
- Establish a strong knowledge network and promote knowledge sharing within and outside CBA.
Financial Control and Compliance
- Supervise finance and accounting activity in Regional Country Offices.
- Support the department’s internal control framework and monitor financial transactions
- Design, development, and implementation of control procedures to manage and mitigate fiduciary risk.
- Lead quality assurance reviews of reports, ensuring compliance with institutional requirements.
- Document processes, risks, and controls and assign internal accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities to automate and simplify processes and implement improvements for efficiency within Policy framework.
- Maintain strong control environment and scorecard ratings.
- Provide business intelligence and support during audits.
- Ensure compliance with World Bank group policies and procedures in the Region.
- Lead and coach the CBA Africa team on their annual objectives, personal development goals and long-term career growth.
- Develop a structured approach for staff learning and development, aligned with competency framework and succession planning.
- Build capacity within the team and provide mentorship to meet individual needs.
- Leverage the expertise of all team members for successful outcomes. encourage open communication and collaboration and facilitate new ways of doing things.
- Promote the sharing of knowledge and information within the team to scale best practices.
- A relevant advanced degree (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, etc.) and substantial professional experience (12-15 years) in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Recognized professional accounting accreditation (CPA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) and sound knowledge of accounting theory and practical financial skills, including financial reporting, business planning, budgeting, profitability analysis, and financial management.
- A strong understanding of resource management processes, procedures, systems, and policies in IFC is desirable.
- Superior written and verbal English communication skills, along with excellent presentation abilities
- High degree of professional integrity, discretion, tact, and sensitivity, conveying complex messages concisely and diplomatically. Willing to risk expressing beliefs about what is right, despite criticism or disagreement.
- Excellent professional judgment, analytical and conceptual skills, with the ability to identify issues, formulate options, and develop pragmatic solutions that persuade and influence management decisions for action and the capacity to respond quickly, selectively, and flexibly to a wide range of issues.
- Recognized team player who collaborates, works well with others and demonstrates effectiveness. Proven ability to build common goals while managing diverse views and the ability to hear others’ ideas and make changes in plans or thinking as a result (as appropriate).
- Proven people management skills, with the ability to attract, lead, mentor and develop talent in multiple countries and cultures.
- Sound organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail while maintaining an overview of unit priorities.
- Strong client and business orientation with consultative skills to understand, synthesize and define business solutions, balancing client and corporate needs.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and challenge the “status quo” to improve processes focused on end results.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information, and clearly and concisely communicate results.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and corporate procedures: Influences internal control policies, processes, and procedures to align with entity objectives, mitigate risk, and ensure compliance with laws and regulations. Leads team in improving control environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP processes and transactions.
- Good data mining skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Package. Advanced Excel skills.
- Job #: req25152
- Sector: Finance & Accounting
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFC Senior Finance Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite………
The Closing Date: 01st December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.