IFRC Senior Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IFRC Kenya looking for “Senior Advisor”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 March 2023.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The IFRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IFRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The post holder will technically lead and coordinate Risk Communication and Community Engagement efforts for health outbreaks across Africa, including setting the strategic direction of this key pillar, in partnership with Health teams. The CEA Senior Advisor will also co-chair the East and Southern Africa interagency RCCE technical working group alongside UNICEF, and will support the roll out of the RCCE component of Africa CDC’s flagship Saving Lives and Livelihoods programme which aims to vaccinate 70% of the African population.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead RCCE for health responses, including designing a strategic approach that helps prevent the spread of infection and builds community trust in the response, revising as needed to meet emerging needs and changes in the outbreak. This will involve working alongside, and under the overall leadership of, the health teams.
- Ensure CEA is well integrated in the IFRC Africa Emergency Plan of Action and budget and supports the overall aim of the operation.
- Lead the IFRC Africa CEA team to ensure National Societies receive the support they need to plan and implement high quality participatory and people-centred approaches and activities within their operations, including;
- Provide technical support to response pillar leads to integrate CEA into the design and delivery of their strategies and activities, ensuring communities are informed, can participate, and ask questions, including raising sensitive complaints.
- Roll out online and face-to-face trainings to National Societies, IFRC and PNS staff, including building National Society capacity to collect and analyse community feedback and perceptions.
- Provide the operation with key analysis on community perceptions and feedback to ensure decision-making and direction is guided by community needs.
- An advanced university degree (masters) in Communication or Social/Behavioural Sciences i.e. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology or Health Education or relevant experience is required.
- Seven years’ experience working in community engagement and accountability for a humanitarian or development organisation. Required
- Experience of developing CEA strategies and plans for a large organization, including ensuring the integration of CEA approaches into broader organizational strategies and other sectors’ operational plans. Required
- Solid experience of designing and implementing CEA approaches, including community feedback mechanisms, tools for communicating with communities (radio, social media, social mobilization) and participatory planning processes. Required
- Proven experience in planning and implementing targeted and appropriate behaviour change communication strategies. Required
- Experience integrating CEA into emergency response operations, including hands-on experience through emergency deployments to humanitarian disasters or complex crises. Required
- Experience of coaching and developing staff and volunteers to build long-term capacity and create ownership, including developing, planning, and delivering training courses. Required
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFRC Senior Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs