IFRC Senior Advisor Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IFRC Uganda looking for “Senior Advisor“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before July 09, 2023.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The IFRC has published a job vacancy announcement on July 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Advisor to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IFRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Lead and coordinate efforts to institutionalize and strengthen community engagement and accountability across the Africa Region within the IFRC and the 49 Red Cross and Red Crescent African National Societies, working in coordination with the ICRC, partner National Societies and external partners including WHO, UNICEF and Africa CDC. The post holder will lead the IFRC Africa CEA team, operating at regional and country cluster delegation level to roll out the IFRC CEA Africa Strategy and implement the strategic changes and system-wide shifts required to ensure a strong and systematic approach to accountability across Africa.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Strengthen understanding of and capacity to implement CEA approaches across the Movement in Africa:
- Build understanding of CEA and advocate for its importance amongst senior leadership in IFRC and National Societies.
- Roll out CEA trainings at all levels to build the capacity of staff in IFRC, National Societies and partner National Societies to mainstream and implement CEA and ensure CEA is integrated into other sectors’ trainings.
- Guide African National Societies to institutionalize CEA and integrate it in operations and programmes through the development of policies, strategies and tools.
- Strengthen accountability within IFRC emergency operations across Africa by ensuring CEA is mainstreamed in all operations and developing clear, simple and achievable minimum actions and sector-specific tools for CEA in emergency response operations.
- Lead the training, mentoring, and maintenance of a pool of CEA surge personnel available for deployment to support emergency operations and formulate terms of references (TOR) for such missions in coordination with surge colleagues.
- Work closely with regional technical and thematic leads to ensure effective integration of CEA in IFRC approaches and programmes.
- Roll out the Movement-wide Minimum Commitments and Actions to CEA in Africa.
- Improve coordination and communication among Movement members who are supporting CEA efforts by leading the CEA Africa Movement working group.
Position in Organization:
- Vacancy No.: S03193
- Contract Type: International
- Application Deadline: 09-Jul-2023
- Job Posted on: 29-Jun-2023
- Country: UGANDA
- Duty Station: Kampala
- Duty Station Status: Family Duty Station
- Duration: 12 Months
- Accompanied Status: Accompanied
- Grade: D1
- An advanced university degree (masters) in Communication or Social/Behavioural Sciences i.e. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology or Health Education or relevant experience is required.
- Seven years’ experience working in community engagement and accountability for a humanitarian or development organisation. Required
- Experience of developing CEA strategies and plans for a large organization, including ensuring the integration of CEA approaches into broader organizational strategies and other sectors’ operational plans. Required
- Solid experience of designing and implementing CEA approaches, including community feedback mechanisms, tools for communicating with communities (radio, social media, social mobilization) and participatory planning processes. Required
- Proven experience in planning and implementing targeted and appropriate behaviour change communication strategies. Required
- Experience integrating CEA into emergency response operations, including hands-on experience through emergency deployments to humanitarian disasters or complex crises. Required
- Experience of coaching and developing staff and volunteers to build long-term capacity and create ownership, including developing, planning, and delivering training courses. Required
- Proven experience of successfully advocating for the inclusion of CEA within programmes, operations and organizational policies, processes and tools with staff at different levels, including senior leadership and technical teams. Required
- Coordination experience, with the capacity to build and manage effective partnerships with internal and external actors. Required
- Experience of managing and leading a team to achieve shared goals, providing support, and mentoring as needed. Required
- Project management experience, including developing plans, budget management, monitoring, reporting, and fundraising. Required
- Experience of working within Africa. Preferred
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies. Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Advanced analytical skills, able to identify areas in need of improvement and design interventions to address gaps and challenges. Required
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills, able to convince colleagues at all levels on the importance of integrating CEA within ways of working. Required
- Strong leadership and coordination skills, able to motivate and guide others towards common goals including people across multiple countries and cultures, both in person and remotely. Required
- Good understanding of monitoring and research approaches, able to identify examples of good practice and how to roll these out to others. Required
- Highly motivated proactive self-starter, able to set and achieve goals using own initiative. Required
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and written/verbal communication skills. Required
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and training skills. Required
- Ability to multi-task and work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines. Required
- Good knowledge of Red Cross Red Crescent planning and disaster management cycle, including planning and response procedures. Preferred
- Good knowledge of gender and diversity issues. Preferred
- Good understanding of National Society development issues and challenges. Preferred
- Willing to travel (up to 30% of the time). Required
- Fluently spoken and written English. Required
- Good command of French. Preferred
How to Apply IFRC Senior Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: July 09, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- EGPAF District-Based Integrated Program Officer Jobs 2023
- EGPAF Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2023
- SNV Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- SNV Country Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- UNOIOS Intern – Programme Management I Jobs 2023
- RSCE Associate Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- RSCE Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Senior Operations Officer Jobs 2023