IGCP Supply Chain and Logistics Associate Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IGCP Uganda looking for “Supply Chain and Logistics Associate“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before September 30, 2023.
IGCP was formed in 1991 to address the long-term conservation of the mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei beringei) and its regional afromontane forest habitat in the Virunga Bwindi Landscape. Our aim has been to work together as a single gorilla conservation program in order to expand and consolidate the successes of the Mountain Gorilla Project and other initiatives at a regional level.
The IGCP has published a job vacancy announcement on September 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Supply Chain and Logistics Associate to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IGCP Job Vacancy 2023
Management of warehouse staff
- Conduct daily work planning for all warehouse staff and ensure the staff headcount is fully capable of clearing the day’s dispatches and other warehouse activities.
- Ensure all the staff in the warehouse are in good physical and mental shape to perform duties assigned at a high productivity level.
- Abide by and enforce all set safety rules and guidelines, including but not limited to the daily safety toolkit routine prior to the beginning of every shift, usage of PPE (as per the JSA-Job Safety Assessment), etc.
- Provide on-the-job training to team members to ensure continuity of business despite the absence of any team members.
- Deliver through others by delegation of duties, proper time management, and getting buy-in from the team members.
- Creating, supporting, and maintaining a culture of collaboration, accountability, trust, and customer focus across functional areas.
- Ensuring all team members are aligned to their OKRs and have ownership and give updates on progress on a weekly basis.
Position in Organization:
- Department: Operations
- Position: Supply Chain and Logistics Associate
- Reporting to: General Manager – Uganda / Head of Supply Chain – Kenya
- Level: Middle Management
- Deadline: 2023-09-30 16:26:48
- Posted: 16 hours ago
- Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics Management or related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in logistics, warehousing and supply chain management, managing a team of at least 4 people
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word) and use of inventory management software
- Exceptional leadership, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving capabilities
- High degree of flexibility and comfortable with ambiguity;
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Independent thinker able to thrive and make decisions in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- High integrity values with discretion in using budgetary allocation for the department
- A proven record of ability to achieve through others
How to Apply IGCP Supply Chain and Logistics Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.