ILO Technical Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
ILO Kenya looking for “Technical Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 November 2023.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 November 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Technical Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
ILO Job Vacancy 2023
Reporting Lines: The Technical Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, Social Protection and Enterprise Promotion and the overall supervision of the Director of ILO Country Office for the United Republic of Tanzania, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda (CO-Dar Es Salaam). The incumbent will receive technical guidance and backstopping support from the Enterprise and Social Protection Specialists of the Decent Work Team (DWT) in Pretoria, as well as the relevant technical teams at SME/ENTERPRISES and Social Protection/SOCPRO within the Jobs and Social Protection Cluster at ILO Headquarters. The position will be based in the ILO Project Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Description of Duties:
- Support the Project Manager and the National Project Coordinators in effective coordination and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project, in conformity with ILO and PRM policies and project strategies, and in accordance with ILO programming guidelines and the country’s Decent Work Programme, and administrative and financial procedures.
- Assist the Project Manager in drafting regular progress reports and fulfilling overall reporting in line with PRM requirements, as well as drafting and implementation of communication and visibility strategies.
- Support the organization of seminars, trainings and capacity building measures for various project partners and constituents on entrepreneurship promotion, market systems development and universal social protection systems, as well as trainings to build skills and capacities of refugees and vulnerable host communities as well as their awareness on social protection rights and entitlements.
- Support the identification of synergies with other projects on social protection and enterprise promotion in Kenya to leverage opportunities at the macro-, meso-, and micro-level.
- Conduct any other tasks and duties as requested by the Project Manager, Social Protection and Enterprise Promotion.
- First-level university degree in economics, development studies, social sciences, public health or any other relevant field.
- At least three years of relevant experience in the formulation, implementation, evaluation or backstopping of project activities
- Experience with either social protection or market systems/value chain development would be an asset.
- Field experience and / or experience supporting project in the fields of either social policies or private sector development would be an advantage
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ILO Technical Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.