IOM Disaster Risk Management Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. IOM South Sudan looking for “Disaster Risk Management“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 28th September 2023.
The International Organization for Migration is an intergovernmental organization that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers. In September 2016, IOM became a related organization of the United Nations.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th September 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Disaster Risk Management to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Studies, Climate Change, Development Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) principles in humanitarian and development settings;
- Experience in working on community-led infrastructure management, governance, and sustainability;
- Experience of working in South Sudan or similar protracted climate-affected countries would be highly desirable;
- Proven experience in program management, including project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Proven experience in programme management, including strategic planning, project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Familiarity with results-based management and quality assurance processes;
- Demonstrated experience in partnership building, resource mobilization, and donor relations within the environmental and climate change sectors. Proven ability to develop and present high-quality project proposals and secure funding from diverse donors; and,
- Experience managing and mentoring teams and in promoting achievement of project objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Disaster Risk Management (DRM), and the environment and climate change nexus in humanitarian and development settings; including environmental degradation, climate change impacts, and their effects on human mobility and livelihoods;
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver under pressure;
- Ability to produce thorough high-quality work within a tight timeframe;
- Demonstrated capacity strengthening skills and on-the-job training;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); and,
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and detail-oriented team environment.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic is desired.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Disaster Risk Management Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro………
The Closing Date: 28th September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.