IOM Laboratory Manager Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IOM Kenya looking for “Laboratory Manager”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 May 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Laboratory Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) the incumbent will be responsible for technical support and overall supervision of the laboratory services with respect to Migration Health Assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Division in country Nairobi, Kenya.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Organize laboratory services and its structure for efficient and optimal service delivery
- adapting to prevailing local conditions, levels of expertise and available technology.
- Certify that facilities and bio-safety measures in the laboratory/lies meet international standards and country requirements; by actively participating in planning and designing of new or upgrading existing facilities.
- Guarantee that standards of laboratory services correspond to HAPs and other programmes or project requirements via keeping Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) up to date and annual review.
- Ensure high quality with regards to international standards in all aspects of service delivery via internal quality control and organizing and facilitating in external quality assessment.
- Verify optimum staffing levels for planned workload. Recruit, train, supervise and assess laboratory staff. Ensure staff development and continuous training needs for staff.
- Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with two years’ relevant experience, or;
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline with four years’ relevant experience.
- Four years of relevant laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory.
- Proven management and/or Supervisory, or organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical laboratory techniques including for TB;
- Demonstrated ability to implement a laboratory quality management system;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices laboratory biosafety including for a TB containment laboratory;
- Demonstrate effective managerial and leadership skills in the provision of quality laboratory services;
- Computer literate with understanding of data collection and analysis for monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performance.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Laboratory Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.