IOM Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
IOM Zimbabwe looking for “Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 22, 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on November 09, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Collect, maintain, and conduct preliminary analyses of various project related data required for M&E, planning and decision making within the project. Bring issues related to data integrity, quality and consistency to the attention of the supervisor.
- Provide specific technical inputs for the development and/or implementation of special assessments, mini-evaluations, surveys, and/or operational research so as to assist with the integration of a strong reflection and learning culture during project implementation.
- Participate in specific monitoring exercises as assigned and under the guidance of the supervisor. Monitor endorsement procedures with the required endorsement entities.
- Participate in specific site monitoring visits of the places of implementation under the guidance of the supervisor, and conduct preliminary analysis of data collected by the team.
- Keep track of the status of project(s) indicators, assist in updating the same in PRIMA’s Results Monitoring module and bring to the prompt attention of the Transition and Resilience Unit (TRU) Coordinator any delays or challenges regarding compliance issues with the donor/partners requirements.
- Compile human interest stories or case studies that demonstrate the impact of the project as required for regular results reporting and publishing.
- Keep abreast of internal frameworks for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Results Based Management (RBM) developments to strictly comply with processes and strategies such as the IOM global M&E strategy and Guidelines, Strategic Results Framework (following IOM Global Vision), regional M&E planning tools and PRIMA-for-all standards.
- Compile M&E related content as required for the drafting of concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities in IOM’s areas of interest.
- Draft specific components for the preparation of donor reports to help in supporting timely reporting and compliance with donor regulations and obligations, as well as in the report finalization process with Regional Office and/or Headquarters.
- Compile and provide information on M&E methods, approaches and tools to the project team and country office projects colleagues as may be necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
- Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P1
- Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 22 November 2023
- Master’s degree in a social science field such as: Monitoring and Evaluation; Development or Social Studies; International Development; Demography and Population Studies; Statistics; Project Planning and Management; Sociology; Research Methods or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or,
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in an M&E role in an international organization such as the UN or INGOs.
- Experience in compiling data and narrative reports for donor or internal management reporting.
- Experience in supporting the design and implementation of M&E systems and tools for a project or programme.
- Experience in project support, management, planning, reporting, and/or implementation, and knowledge of result-based management approaches.
- Experience with donor liaison.
- Strong reporting, writing and research skills, preferably related to M&E;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Demonstratable knowledge of key concepts in M&E such as logical frameworks, results chains, indicators, baseline, targets, assumptions and Theory of Change;
- Demonstrated knowledge of development of data collection tools, their administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Knowledge of MS Suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Forms);
- Knowledge of any other applications for data collection & management such as Kobo Toolbox; Stata; R; DHIS2 and SPSS is an advantage;
- Knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Ability to consolidate information from multiple sources and write timely and succinct information analysis and reporting;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; and,
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of Korean language is highly desirable.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply IOM Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVERTlGRDJBRTIyMjA0OUExMkEmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: November 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.