IOM Motorized Rider /Handyman Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IOM Uganda looking for “Motorized Rider /Handyman“. Applicants with a degree in Minimum A-Level education may apply on or before June 13, 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on June 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Motorized Rider /Handyman to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Riding IOM motorbikes and executing tasks as assigned by the Logistics Assistant.
- Ensure the safety of cargo and motorbike and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned motorbike to ensure roadworthiness before departure. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil etc. Always ensure cleanliness of the motorbike.
- Collect mail and deliver various documents as planned by the Logistics.
- Fill in the inspection sheet of motorbike status and share with the Logistics Assistant.
- Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the motorbike that require immediate attention to the Logistics Assistant.
- Ensure that in case of an accident, supervisors are informed, and a police report is obtained. In no case should the Rider accept responsibility.
- Maintain the motorbike road log sheet including the fuel status and oil always changing.
- Always follow the rules and regulations of driving IOM motorbikes.
- Refuel the motorbike as required and perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Motorized Rider /Handyman
- Reference No: VN/UG/012/2023
- Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G2
- Type of Appointment: Fixed Term
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 13th June 2023
- Minimum A-Level education
- Valid Riding License (A class)
- At least two years continuous riding and driving experience.
- Possession of a Government driving test grade II and III.
- Possession of a recent certificate of good conduct from the Uganda Police.
- Basic knowledge of motorbike/vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- IOM functional competencies required: effective communications skills both written and oral, capable negotiator, creative analytical thinker, and active learner/good listener and cross-cultural facilitator working within a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexible in terms of working hours.
- Good knowledge of routes within Kampala
- Good knowledge and working experience of VHF Radios
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required. Knowledge in French and Spanish is advantageous.
How to Apply IOM Motorized Rider /Handyman Jobs 2023
For an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 13th June 2023 Reference Number and Position Title (VN/UG/012/2023 – Motorized Rider/Handyman)-Kampala, Uganda) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Required: After sending your application through firstname.lastname@example.org, YOU ARE REQUIRED to fill in the recruitment Questionnaire using the link: – Pre-Screening Form.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
View More Jobs
- CWS Cultural Orientation Supervisor Jobs 2023
- UNDP Monitoring and Evaluation Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- MONUSCO National Logistics Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNDP National Mentor Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Field Associate Jobs 2023
- Raising The Village Junior Data Analyst Jobs 2023
- Raising The Village PEAL Assistant Jobs 2023