IOM Operations Assistant Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. IOM South Africa looking for “Operations Assistant“. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 26th October 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th October 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Assistant to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate, schedule and book travel for individuals upon receipt of travel-ready status and/or request in accordance with travel requirements, including but not limited to the distribution of Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs), updates, domestic flights, cancellations and departure notifications.
- Organize and complete all bookings in a timely manner and in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) from the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM). Under the supervision of the Operations Associate, Movement and Data Processing. distribute travel information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile and analyze descriptive statistics, using I-GATOR to capture costs and prepare travel loan paperwork as specified in SOPs and in accordance with host government’s procedures.
- Create movement data files, by ABN, for all individuals in accordance with SOPs and for IOM accountability.
- In accordance with local practices and RMM guidelines and standards, and in close coordination with supervisors, identify and assign escorts to accompany vulnerable individuals.
- In coordination with Operations Associate, Movement and Data Processing, process exit permission paperwork and ICRC Travel Documents in accordance with established standards and the local guidelines.
- Conduct identity and document verification prior to the distribution of travel documentation to refugees, immigrants and migrants.
- Conduct pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs during travel (such as meals, medication, wheelchairs and medical conditions) as needed. Identify beneficiary vulnerabilities and coordinate appropriate action to ensure they are addressed.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Associate, Movement and Data Processing and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.)
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Operations Associate, Movement and Data Processing or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Monitor unused tickets and request appropriate refunds.
- Maintain the filing system for the staff travel records, including the requests, approval, confirmation, ticket and TOR.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Tourism, Law, Economics, or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and Airlines Reservation System “Amadeus” is a must.
- Fluency in English
- Working knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
- Vacancy/Reference Number: VNSA2023/15
- Appointment Type: One Year Fixed Term Contract with the possibility of extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
If you are qualified for this position, please email the following to email@example.com under the REFERENCE: VNSA2023/15 in the subject line of your email:
- Letter of motivation
- Up-to-date Resume/CV
- Copy of ID
- IOM Personnel History form which can be downloaded from this website: https://southafrica.iom.int/vacancy
When you send your application, please specify the Vacancy reference number i.e. VNSA2023/15 on the subject line of your email. It will be challenging to track your application without the reference code provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please send your applications by Thursday, 26 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.