IOM Project Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. IOM Zimbabwe looking for “Project Coordinator“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before October 01, 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Coordinator to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||International Organization for Migration (IOM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Four years|
|Application Deadline||October 01, 2023|
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Closely coordinate IOM’s humanitarian operations with project partners under the relief and resilience portfolio with a view to facilitating principled, timely, effective and efficient operations, and that they contribute to longer-term recovery.
- Ensure the implementation of emergency response portfolio activities, including the operational implementation of IOM’s Shelter & NFI (Non-Food Items), Camp Management and Camp Coordination (CCCM), Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), Points of Entry (POE) Coordination, Health, Psychosocial and Protection programs. Responsibilities also include monitoring IOM’s management of the CCCM and Shelter/NFI Clusters.
- Provide technical inputs and guidance for the management of early recovery activities such as cash-based interventions (CBI) and the establishment of income generating activities (IGA), aiming to assist IDPs, migrants and returnees.
- Facilitate the articulation of a common strategic vision for operations by contributing to and coordinating its development internally with Project/Programme Managers and Support staff, and with relevant stakeholders, including UN agencies, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Government counterparts.
- Help build synergies among IOM programmes and actively facilitate cooperation among them, recognizing that the ownership of management rests with all relevant programme managers and sector coordinators.
- Analyse project/programme reporting and inform the Chief of Mission and the Head of Programmes accordingly about potentially required adjustments and emerging complementary opportunities.
- Ensure that all necessary efforts are coordinated for the programmes to be funded sufficiently and in a timely manner, by locally participating in inclusive resource mobilization efforts.
- Maintain strong and regular liaison with the project/programme partners, such as governmental authorities, diplomatic missions, and other concerned agencies and working groups, aiming at coordinating and promoting new activities and facilitating the implementation of ongoing activities and participating in fund raising for new projects/programmes.
- Work in close collaboration with the Chief of Mission, Head of Programmes and relevant partners, with a view to ensuring that humanitarian action is linked to, and consistent with, sector frameworks, recovery/reconstruction and development activities.
- Support the IOM humanitarian response programmes with technical and operational input, together with the Chief of Mission and Head of Programmes, in humanitarian partner meetings, liaison with donors and other humanitarian stakeholders.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Project Coordinator
- Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
- Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 01 October 2023
- Master’s degree in political or social Science, International Relations, Human Rights or Humanitarian affairs or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in emergency work, including CCCM and shelter/NFI related activities, support to displaced populations and the implementation of early recovery activities;
- Experience with IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) activities;
- Experience in liaison with governmental authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
- Experience in UN inter-agency coordination and participatory processes (e.g. Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP); and,
- Experience in working SADC countries is considered a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of general migration related issues;
- Good knowledge of project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Familiarity with financial management, effective resource management skills; and,
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean context is considered a strong asset.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Spanish and French is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply IOM Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVERTk1QkQ3NzcxRERBNkExMjkmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: October 01, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF National consultant for graphic design Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International consultant for the design of a Grievance Redress Mechanism Jobs 2023
- ICRISAT Scientific Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023